By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda BotW: Can It Actually Score a 98/99 on Metacritic? GOAT? (Based on previews)

So yes the Question in the OP. First of all we will have our answer in under a week! So let the fun begin (well discussion)

I have already been reading up on impressions on the game (previews) and the praise is out of this world. Many saying that they havent completed the game and its comparable to that of OoT or SMG. 

Its the game many fans want that change alot pf the standards we are use to in the zelda franchise.

Anywayzzz does any1 think it has a good chance of actually doing a 98 or even the impossible 99 on meta?

Post and Discuss.... Goooooooo

Around the Network

Hahaha. Nope. It's likely that no game this generation will score 98+... If there was a most likely candidate however it would be GTA 6.

The max I see Breath of the Wild achieving is 95.

Seems a bit high if you ask me, but I think the previews are hinting at a 95+ so far. Many saying it's the best ever, exciting times!

I don't see that happening, it would require almost every outlet giving it full marks, and with reviewers being a bit tougher this gen and the smaller sites always potentially knocking a couple of points off for clickbait, I think it is unrealistic.

I do think it will score higher than I initially thought though. I was thinking it would be around 92, after reading some previews I think it can get a 95.

Nope only because of rogue sites. I actually think general reviewers are the same as last generation if not higher at times, but rogue sites/newspapers bring down the average, look at Horizon. 

Around the Network

It's possible, but I don't think it will hit that high. I would guess 95-96 range.

As others said in this thread already, there will always be those sites that give lower reviews just because they know it will gain attention/clicks and that could bring down the overall ranking usually. 

no, mainly because critics love innovation and this game doesnt really have that

I doubt it. The open world design of it tends to lend itself to more missteps in my opinion, as oppose to a more controlled experience like TLoU. That's not always the case of course, specially if the developer are masters at the craft like Rockstar...and also work their employees like slaves.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

First it needs to beat its predecessor Far Cry 3.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/far-cry-3

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Nope. Its going to get "Horizoned" because of click bait reviews.

Pocky Lover Boy!