By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why BotW's review scores will be lower than expected

Point number 5 is only one that could possibly have an impact on the score, and yet it's just as likely that if they execute those features properly the score will increase!

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

No it's not, because when reviewers don't hit games like skyward sword for having very simplistic combat and no voice acting, they will not hit BOW for being very simple and lacking compared to its competitors.

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

They leting them, one day before launch. :)

So why don't they have the confidence to put it out to them a week before?  

Nintendo is gunning on Zelda: Breath of the wild to bolster their launch. Its why they left the Wii U without any games for So long and prolonged the Wii U Launch of Breath of the Wild as well. Thats what happens when you have no third party to pad out your exclusive development time.

areason said:
No it's not, because when reviewers don't hit games like skyward sword for having very simplistic combat and no voice acting, they will not hit BOW for being very simple and lacking compared to its competitors.

Skyward Sword showed us no matter what 3D Zeruda will always score +90.

I think it'll do fine. This is the Zelda game critics and gamers alike have been begging for since forever. And now they're finally about to get it.

Around the Network

Also, let's not forget:

Cubed3
Wii U Brasil
N-Europe
Nintendo Life
Nintendo World Report
Nintendo Gamer
Official Nintendo Magazine UK
Nintendo Power

That's a lot of Nintendo-specific sites.

Turkish said:
areason said:

Skyward Sword showed us no matter what 3D Zeruda will always score +90.

Can't tell if sarcastic or serious

The way the open world behaves (if it's lively, well polished, diverse, variety in optional missions/quests, etc) will be the big thing for reviewers, I believe. It's a zelda game however, for the most part, it can do no wrong.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Skyward Sword was an infamous game from day 1 and it still got a 93.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

monocle_layton said:

I see many people (including I) expecting the game to score at least a ninety. After looking at BotW and seeing the five years of its creation, I think there will be a rather wide gap in reviews ranging from the low seventy's to close to one hundred. Here is the logic to my thinking. I have bolded the main points for convenience. 

1) Long wait

2) Lack of Wii U exclusivity 

3) Poor DLC execution

4) Differences between Wii U and Switch 

5) voice acting and open-world gameplay

1) Comparing to FF15 is pointless. A game announced in what 2006 and thus a 10 year wait to a game with a 5 year wait from waht I've heard people say. And that 5 year wait I feel like is from last game release and Nintendo just saying we are workign on a new game, not from first seeing it.

2. Didn't hurt the TP game. Just looked at MC earlier today and saw that TP has like a 97 or something like that

3. A reviewer shoudl judge a game on what it is, not what it could be. Plus hundreds of games have way worse dlc practices and those are never brought up in the reviews

4. THe differences are minimal, besides the score woudl only affect the Wii U version, not the switch.

5. Reveiwers have been asking for VA forever, why would this hurt it? Also they have been askig for OW forever, again should not help it unless its as baren and Skyrim or something. (though skyrim did get great reviews)

But look at teh Zelda reviews. Even the more controversial ones still get like 92-93 in scores.