By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why BotW's review scores will be lower than expected

mZuzek said:
flashfire926 said:
You could be right, but then again, Skyward Sword somehow ended up with 93. It will be a shame if this game doesn't score higher than Skyward Sword, which I think it most likely will.

I also have no idea how Skyward Sword didn't score at least a 97.

I meant it in the way that 93 was underserved and it should've got lower. If this game can get 93, BOTW should easily be able to get 95. More hype, better pre-release reception, and the huge scale of the game.Getting less than Skyward Sword will be complete bullcrap.

I'm not critizing Skyward Sword, but I still think it's more of a 88-89 game rather than a 93 game.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
And? Why should it matter what reviews say? Why not judge for yourself?

exactly, zelda games reviews well but for me its garbage.

The Witcher 3 set so many standards for open world games that it might take points off of titles that normally hit 90. Hopefully Zelda hits 90. The last Zelda title on the Wii U game scored  86 on metacritic. Zelda never had this much open competition....like ever.

So VGChartz is already taking this "approximately eighty percent of the Xbox One's power" bullshit as canon?
*2 years from now*
"Proof that Final Fantasy XVI can run on Switch!"

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Expecting a metascore around 90, will be surprised if it's any lower.

Also, what makes you think the Switch's power is 80% of the XOne? I didn't see that confirmed anywhere.

Around the Network

So your saying it won't hit 90?? Coz honestly anything 90+ is what I'd expect (well hope), I know Zelda has seen some pretty good scores in the past (mid to high 90s) but games just don't score that we'll anymore.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

The last Zelda title on the Wii U game scored  86 on metacritic. Zelda never had this much open competition....like ever.

Yes, TP HD score 86, but we talking about remaster of GC game that definitely didn't aged best and still receive 86 score, I dont think that could be compared with brand new Zelda, or that Zelda BotW will recive less than 90.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

The last Zelda title on the Wii U game scored  86 on metacritic. Zelda never had this much open competition....like ever.

The last Zelda title on the Wii U was a remake of a ten year old game, that it still scored an 86 is contrary to your conclusion. 

When does the review embargo lift?

Kerotan said:
When does the review embargo lift?

March 2nd