By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why BotW's review scores will be lower than expected

monocle_layton said:
mZuzek said:

I also have no idea how Skyward Sword didn't score at least a 97.

It would score 97 if it had pro controller support (I believe it was called the classical controller for Wii?)

Well it still had the horrid boss you had to repeatedly fight. Whatever that huge toe monster was called. That itself docked itapoint of two imo.

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

They leting them, one day before launch. :)

So why don't they have the confidence to put it out to them a week before?  

See no reason to. It's not like this game will get a bad score. I'm guessing they are delaying review to keep hype. YOu know you see all these 90's scores come out and your super pumped for teh game and you get it. A week gives time for that to die down and you possibly pick up a different game at launch.

Look at Horizon. Reviews came out yesterday and the game shot up on amazon today.

Lawlight said:
Also, let's not forget:

Cubed3
Wii U Brasil
N-Europe
Nintendo Life
Nintendo World Report
Nintendo Gamer
Official Nintendo Magazine UK
Nintendo Power

That's a lot of Nintendo-specific sites.

There are just as many Playstation names review sites and xbox review sites as Nintendo.

Around the Network

When a game like skyward sword gets 93 you know the game has to suck badly for Zelda to score lower than 90

I expect the opposite. I think Zelda is going to be praised for elements that are in other games already because they're going to be new to Zelda. If a new IP used some of these elements, they'd instead be criticized for it.

I also expect the larger publications to avoid being very far below the Meta-score out of fear of fan reaction. Anyone who gives Zelda an 80 or less will be attacked mercilessly.

The game is going to be good, anyway, but it's going to have the same kind of buffer zone Skyward Sword had, where complaints and annoyances are swept under the rug because it's a beloved franchise. Objectivity will be short supply.

The only thing that can hurt the reviews are click bait reviews.
Look Horizon: Zero down, almost perfect scores ( 90+) but then, there are this retards that gave the game a 50/100.

Turkish said:
areason said:
No it's not, because when reviewers don't hit games like skyward sword for having very simplistic combat and no voice acting, they will not hit BOW for being very simple and lacking compared to its competitors.

Skyward Sword showed us no matter what 3D Zeruda will always score +90.

AZWification said:

Skyward Sword was an infamous game from day 1 and it still got a 93.

leyendax69 said:
When a game like skyward sword gets 93 you know the game has to suck badly for Zelda to score lower than 90

Skyward Sword definitely isn't best Zelda game, but its definitely great game and good Zelda game, IMO better than TP Zelda for instance.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Turkish said:

Skyward Sword showed us no matter what 3D Zeruda will always score +90.

AZWification said:

Skyward Sword was an infamous game from day 1 and it still got a 93.

leyendax69 said:

Skyward Sword definitely isn't best Zelda game, but its definitely great game and good Zelda game, IMO better than TP Zelda for instance.

I agree, I thought it was a pretty good game. TP is the weakest 3D Zelda title imo, and I'd still rate it 90+. I think that Zelda games are consistently good, there's no bias. They're just THAT good XD.

flashfire926 said:
You could be right, but then again, Skyward Sword somehow ended up with 93. It will be a shame if this game doesn't score higher than Skyward Sword, which I think it most likely will.

Yeah, Nintendo fans in the press won't fail this game. I'm expecting 92-93 on the low bar.

Pachofilauri said:
The only thing that can hurt the reviews are click bait reviews.
Look Horizon: Zero down, almost perfect scores ( 90+) but then, there are this retards that gave the game a 50/100.

Every game gets those. Horizon isn't unique in that. Whenever a new big hyped game comes out you always hear about that one, or two that igive it a 5/10

This has happened to all Zelda games as well. The 95+ gmes just typically get more 10/10's than other games that offset those couple outliers.

Volterra_90 said:
Miyamotoo said:

I agree, I thought it was a pretty good game. TP is the weakest 3D Zelda title imo, and I'd still rate it 90+. I think that Zelda games are consistently good, there's no bias. They're just THAT good XD.

Yup, one worse Zelda game than some other Zelda games doesn't mean that is actually overall is not good game. :D

3D Zelda games constantly have very high quality thats case with Skyward Sword also.

leyendax69 said:

This.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.