By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Breath of the Wild review thread - 97 on Switch, 96 on Wii U

Dr.Vita said:
I think it's that high because it has Zelda in it's name.

Those 300 staffers and 4 years dev time couldn´t possibly be a factor right? It´s just the name and nothing else which is why TLoZ: Triforce Heroes is just as highly rated, yup

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
So, it's this generation's GTAIV. Interesting.

Hopefully its not anything liké it, GTA IV was thé worst GTA ever

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Lawlight said:
So, it's this generation's GTAIV. Interesting.

It's this generations Legend of Zelda.

well i guess reviewers scored it on behalf of every other switch launch title

Dr.Vita said:

How unexpected coming from you

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:

I think this post is that low because it has Dr.Vita in its name

Interesting that Gamexplain seems to be the most negative review. No one else seems to have any complaints about the inventory or the dungeon bosses from what I've seen. Obviously I haven't gone through all 50+ reviews though.

The framerate issue might mean that I'll play it in handheld more than docked. Was not expecting to even consider that.

Looks like it combines the amazing world and limitless freedom to explore of Xenoblade Chronicles X with the diverse things to do and density of Witcher. A pretty great combination. And the sheer amount of options in combat will help me get over the lack of motion controls for the sword (Another reason to replay Skyward Sword).

Well Shiiiiiiet. Gotta give props where props are due, Nintendo has done it again. Hopefully I get to try the game some day, the open world aspect of it is very appealing.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Damn thats a pretty insane score.

I am sure it is well deserved. With all the hype, reviewers were probably looking for things to complain about. The fact that it scored this high speaks volumes considering it being a Zelda game could have potentially put an even bigger target on its back for clickbait.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261