By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: 'Nioh Opened A whole New Audience For Us' (Koei Temco)

Nioh is absolutely amazing!
Namco bandai( whoops tecmo koei i mean!)  is fast becoming one of the top dogs for Japanese gaming.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
estebxx said:
Kerotan said:
A really successful exclusive partnership. Happy for Sony and Koei!

Im honestly expecting this game to release on PC later, especially considering it doesnt have the "Only on Playstation" logo as other exclusives, i know Sony published it but.... didnt Microsoft also published the last Tomb Raider game only for it to be released later on PC and PS4?.

Im almost 100% sure it will come to PC later and considering its success i can also see it being released on the other 2 consoles as well.

Pc maybe,  other  consoles  nope.

The tomb raider  affaire was different,  Microsoft  bought a year of exclusive, if i'am  correct  sony  not only  helped with financing  the game but japan  studio's  helped tecmo koei develop the game.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

estebxx said:
Kerotan said:

Im honestly expecting this game to release on PC later, especially considering it doesnt have the "Only on Playstation" logo as other exclusives, i know Sony published it but.... didnt Microsoft also published the last Tomb Raider game only for it to be released later on PC and PS4?.

Im almost 100% sure it will come to PC later and considering its success i can also see it being released on the other 2 consoles as well.

Sony has been very inconsistent specifying what's PS4 exlusive and what's console exclusive.

Valdath said:
I'm loving the game, it's right there with Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne tbh.

Good job Team Ninja and Koei.

Whats the difficulty like? I'm hearing its super hard.

I like that the game went through three finished builds before they decided on one the fans liked.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

Great news! Hope that the good partnership between Sony and Koei Tecmo will continue in the future! :)

Good to hear and congrats to them! The last Team Ninja game I played was Metroid: Other M, so it's great to see that one of their games is so well-received and commercially successful after that previous debacle. They're obviously very talented.

I've seen many users on here recommend the game, so I'm excited to pick it up soon.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

I always liked that about Koei. They don't give a damn about what reviewers say, and follow what their fans want. Which is probably why they're the only company who's seen a YOY % increase in profits straight for the pass 6 years. unlike other game companies that spend 50+million to make a game :P, then are shocked they don't make their money back.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

estebxx said:
Kerotan said:

Considering the success i dont see a reason for it to be released on other platforms.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/nioh-ps4/

Hunting Season is done...

Awesome now make Ninja Gaiden 4 for PS4 and Switch with that Ni-Oh money. Make it more like NGII.