By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony take the top software spot in all regions this week

shams said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@shams

Uncharted & R & C have shown brilliant legs

I guess its a question of definition? Uncharted selling 30k (worldwide) in its 20th week - pretty good performance I guess. It squeaks in at #49 on the weekly (worldwide) charts - and I count 25 titles above it, which have been out for 20 weeks or more. Twilight princess at 71 weeks is outselling it?

Motorstorm is doing a much better job (now 3m sales), even though it is partially bundled.

Its no comparison to CoD4 (360), which is doing really well (outselling Uncharted in same period by around 4:1).

R&C I disagree with. The game is a borderline "failure", given how big the franchise is and the expectations of the title. Its sitting pretty at #79 worldwide charts, with weekly sales of 20k (after 20 weeks).

If you consider R&C to have "legs", then these titles have "better" legs:

- Sight Training, Lego StarWars (Wii), Rayman II (Wii) - a game no one has talked about at all (etc)

The very best legs? Ignoring WiiSports + WiiPlay - it has to be Nintendogs (3 years on market, still 60k/week sales). Brain Training is up there as well. DS is still "legs king" this generation, and that won't change.

Every one of this games are softcore , no matter how you put it . Uncharted has a much smaller audience than RRR2 or Sight Training . Also lets dont even start talking about Nintendogs or Brain Training , because those games are the deffinition of sotfcore . Also , the DS has nearly 70 million units out there , whil the PS3 has only 11 , and though this numbers have no real effect on sales they do on overall sales ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
shams said:
rukusa said:

Does it really hurt you this much? :/

Oh, I'm sorry - have I missed something, or are you just asking to be banned? :P

I dont know if this is a serious response or some sarcasm is embeded in this.

But Im gonna take it seriously;

I was just implying the tone of your context which was screaming of a big displeasure of this weeks results. And with that I saw some explanations that were made to satisfy one self. 

I saw that as being perculiar, if you dont like it you still cant abuse or threaten with your moderation power to silence it. 

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

bigjon said:
MakoInfused said:
@ superchunk
Still, it's a win-win-win for Sony :P

Anyway, i thought it was interesting that FF7: Crisis Core outsold Brawl...I did not expect that!
I'm sure Brawl will sell more next week thought :)

you thought that FF:CC would not beat brawl in its 3rd week?

Also Sony games have tended to be frontloaded this gen, and they have had a huge release in each region, and no other console did. (it would not have mattered in Japan.... unless it was DQIX on DS)

Hey, it IS Brawl :)  Nintendo's biggest game this year (that i know of)

GT5P will no.1 again next week in others, my local game was sold out today and it sold 3 times any other game in others this week.

Im guessing they will keep lead in others with gt5p and i think crisis core is also releasing this week in others? monster hunter should keep its lead in japan too, but most likely crisis core wont keep top place in its second week in NA

Around the Network

Crisis Core is only comming in June to Others :(

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

No Sony puslished games where that high maybe you mean PSP software

no need to worry
Nintendomination will be back shortly....

hunter_alien said:
shams said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@shams

Uncharted & R & C have shown brilliant legs

I guess its a question of definition? Uncharted selling 30k (worldwide) in its 20th week - pretty good performance I guess. It squeaks in at #49 on the weekly (worldwide) charts - and I count 25 titles above it, which have been out for 20 weeks or more. Twilight princess at 71 weeks is outselling it?

Motorstorm is doing a much better job (now 3m sales), even though it is partially bundled.

Its no comparison to CoD4 (360), which is doing really well (outselling Uncharted in same period by around 4:1).

R&C I disagree with. The game is a borderline "failure", given how big the franchise is and the expectations of the title. Its sitting pretty at #79 worldwide charts, with weekly sales of 20k (after 20 weeks).

If you consider R&C to have "legs", then these titles have "better" legs:

- Sight Training, Lego StarWars (Wii), Rayman II (Wii) - a game no one has talked about at all (etc)

The very best legs? Ignoring WiiSports + WiiPlay - it has to be Nintendogs (3 years on market, still 60k/week sales). Brain Training is up there as well. DS is still "legs king" this generation, and that won't change.

Every one of this games are softcore , no matter how you put it . Uncharted has a much smaller audience than RRR2 or Sight Training . Also lets dont even start talking about Nintendogs or Brain Training , because those games are the deffinition of sotfcore . Also , the DS has nearly 70 million units out there , whil the PS3 has only 11 , and though this numbers have no real effect on sales they do on overall sales ...

What the hell does it matter if a game is "hardcore" or "softcore?"  A sale is still a sale