By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony take the top software spot in all regions this week

I thought it was an interesting observation so ive posted a few facts.

Gran turismo for ps3 takes number 1 spot in others

Crisis Core for psp takes number 1 spot in north america

Monster hunter for psp takes number 1 spot in japan

Number 1 spot for all regions but interestingly enough its different games in each, while this is just one week or sales it seems the ps3  in NA and others and psp mainly in japan have been gainning a bit of momentum since the start of the year. Will either of Sonys consoles make a comeback and start leading the sales chart more regularly? Or will the ds and wii always reign supreme? What do you think?

Personaly im happy to see psp doing good, i hope and i think its very much possible that it will continue its momentum and get good hardware sales at least, maybe software will start improving in the long term aswell.

Around the Network

did Sony make Crisis core or Monster Hunter? No. Therefore 'Sony' did not take top spot. Games on their hardware did though.

Yes of course your right, i guess i said it in a wrong way in the title

"Crisis Core for psp takes number 1 spot in north america"

wii sports

@ superchunk
Still, it's a win-win-win for Sony :P

Anyway, i thought it was interesting that FF7: Crisis Core outsold Brawl...I did not expect that!
I'm sure Brawl will sell more next week thought :)

Around the Network
CaptainPrefrences said:
"Crisis Core for psp takes number 1 spot in north america"

wii sports

is not #1 this week

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

hey, I was just being nitpicky. :)

@captianpreferences, what the hell are you reading that the rest of us are not?

superchunk said:
did Sony make Crisis core or Monster Hunter? No. Therefore 'Sony' did not take top spot. Games on their hardware did though.

way to get technical.

This isn't a big deal, just because Sony is the only one with big game releases this week. Next week it will be back to normal.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

This is only worth mentioning because its rather unusual. I suppose it's been a while since Sony were in this sort of position.