By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony take the top software spot in all regions this week

superchunk said:
did Sony make Crisis core or Monster Hunter? No. Therefore 'Sony' did not take top spot. Games on their hardware did though.

I'll repeat what he said.

"Way to get techinical..." 

Around the Network
rukusa said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Sony domination has begun people.

*uppercuts*

YOU

SHUT UP.

*Bitch slaps rukusa*

NO YOU DIDN'T

MakoInfused said:
@ superchunk
Still, it's a win-win-win for Sony :P

Anyway, i thought it was interesting that FF7: Crisis Core outsold Brawl...I did not expect that!
I'm sure Brawl will sell more next week thought :)

you thought that FF:CC would not beat brawl in its 3rd week?

Also Sony games have tended to be frontloaded this gen, and they have had a huge release in each region, and no other console did. (it would not have mattered in Japan.... unless it was DQIX on DS)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

darthdevidem01 said:
@shams

Uncharted & R & C have shown brilliant legs

"gives a link to fishyjoe's signature"

darthdevidem01 said:
@shams

I guess its a question of definition? Uncharted selling 30k (worldwide) in its 20th week - pretty good performance I guess. It squeaks in at #49 on the weekly (worldwide) charts - and I count 25 titles above it, which have been out for 20 weeks or more. Twilight princess at 71 weeks is outselling it?

Motorstorm is doing a much better job (now 3m sales), even though it is partially bundled.

Its no comparison to CoD4 (360), which is doing really well (outselling Uncharted in same period by around 4:1).

R&C I disagree with. The game is a borderline "failure", given how big the franchise is and the expectations of the title. Its sitting pretty at #79 worldwide charts, with weekly sales of 20k (after 20 weeks).

If you consider R&C to have "legs", then these titles have "better" legs:

- Sight Training, Lego StarWars (Wii), Rayman II (Wii) - a game no one has talked about at all (etc)

The very best legs? Ignoring WiiSports + WiiPlay - it has to be Nintendogs (3 years on market, still 60k/week sales). Brain Training is up there as well. DS is still "legs king" this generation, and that won't change. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
rukusa said:
shams said:
Yeah, its a rare and happy week for Sony. Lets see if they can pull off a few more of these.

The main thing I have noticed recently, is a distinct weakness of the 360 - losing a lot of momentum, even with the price cuts in Europe.

Its also worth noting that all three titles are "week#1" titles. This has been the defining fact for all/most PSP/PS3 titles this generation. Really strong sales week#1, but generally poor legs. Monster Hunter is the one title that really breaks this trend.

Does it really hurt you this much? :/

Oh, I'm sorry - have I missed something, or are you just asking to be banned? :P

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

@shams

I disagree with nintendogs due to its casual nature (obviously it will have legs due to such buyers & audience)

Pokemon has the best legs imo...even though its a "hardcore" JRPG..it manages to have very good legs

About COD4, both PS3 & 360 versions are showing good legs..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

shams said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@shams

I guess its a question of definition? Uncharted selling 30k (worldwide) in its 20th week - pretty good performance I guess. It squeaks in at #49 on the weekly (worldwide) charts - and I count 25 titles above it, which have been out for 20 weeks or more. Twilight princess at 71 weeks is outselling it?

Motorstorm is doing a much better job (now 3m sales), even though it is partially bundled.

Its no comparison to CoD4 (360), which is doing really well (outselling Uncharted in same period by around 4:1).

R&C I disagree with. The game is a borderline "failure", given how big the franchise is and the expectations of the title. Its sitting pretty at #79 worldwide charts, with weekly sales of 20k (after 20 weeks).

If you consider R&C to have "legs", then these titles have "better" legs:

- Sight Training, Lego StarWars (Wii), Rayman II (Wii) - a game no one has talked about at all (etc)

The very best legs? Ignoring WiiSports + WiiPlay - it has to be Nintendogs (3 years on market, still 60k/week sales). Brain Training is up there as well. DS is still "legs king" this generation, and that won't change. 

legs are defined differently by different people. RE4 Wii sells 25-30k a week, but it has been doing that for 9 months. If UC can maintain where it is now, it would be considered good legs.

RRR2, LegoSW: TCS, Smarty Pants, Cooking Mama, Big Brain Academy don't have amazing sales each week like COD4, but they don't seem to be slowing like normal games, therefor they have legs.

Media Create software numbers are in and MHP2G numbers are even better:

01./00. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (Capcom) - 880,000 / NEW
02./01. [NDS] Pokémon Ranger: Batonnage (Pokémon) - 106,000 / 348,000
03./00. [NDS] Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (Bandai-Namco) - 49,000 / NEW
04./05. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 42,000 / 1,794,000
05./00. [PSP] Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion: Lost Colors (Bandai-Namco) - 34,000 / NEW
06./07. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo) - 34,000 / 1,524,000
07./00. [PS2] Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion: Lost Colors (Bandai-Namco) - 30,000 / NEW
08./02. [WII] Deca Sporta (Hudson) - 29,000 / 94,000
09./04. [NDS] SimCity DS 2: From the Past to the Future (EA) - 25,000 / 74,000
10./08. [NDS] Crayon Shin-chan: Arashi wo Yobu Cinema Land (Banpresto) - 19,000 / 54,000

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Sonys luck is changing, if they can get more games then this kind of thing may become more common.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions