By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I got to try Nintendo Switch! - My First Impressions

Are you getting a Switch?

Yes, Day One! 109 42.58%

Yes, but later this year. 53 20.70%

Yes, but not this year. 7 2.73%

Yes, but not until a price drop. 19 7.42%

I'm not sure. 21 8.20%

No. 47 18.36%

Total:256
pokoko said:
Very good write-up. Felt very genuine and trustworthy.

Totally agree.

The more I see about the Switch the more interest I have on it. Who knows maybe I will end up biting the bait sooner than expect it.

I still think it is a little bit overpriced when compared to the PS4 and X1, but if we take in consideration that the PSVita and N3DS xl are still selling for $200, and this device offers a lot more than those two, then it doesnt look that much expensive.

Around the Network

Ultra Street Fighter 2 is 40 bucks because it will be a physical release, right?

Nice review, man and quite thorough! Appreciate you sharing your experience with us.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P 

Sounds good! I wish I could go to events like that one.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I have to admit, I'm a graphics whore. Along with loving awesome game play.

1) What game had the best graphics ? And compared to lets say Tomb Raider.
2) Comparing the screen resolution to a Vita game, how does it compare ?

Thanks for your feedback.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Aerys said:

Arms really doesnt deserve to cost more than 10-15 euros.

Heh, it's not an open world game

d21lewis said:
You ever play a Vita? How does it compare in comfort?

Only held a Vita in my hands like twice, so I can't say for sure, but based off comparison pics of the 3DS XL, a Switch would probably feel slightly bigger.

I know a Vita has a slight curve in the back, so a Vita would probably feel a little better in the hands, but I can't say that for sure.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Did you get a look at Bomberman? People have been saying it looks n runs badly.
Also the non-offset sticks on the Joycons weren't a problem for you while playing Splatoon?

Unfortunately not, but the game seemed to look fine from the glimpses I got from it, but ofc I can't say for sure.

I didn't mind the offset joysticks for Splatoon, but the demo used motion controls, so I only used the second stick for turning left and right, while I used motion for looking up and down.

Bandorr said:
So how was the lack of d-pad?
Did you try any 2d platformers with it?

I tried Sonic Mania with a single joycon, and it felt perfectly fine to me. I'm still gonna use the pro when I get Sonic Mania, but a single joycon wasn't uncomfortable at all, and it works.

spurgeonryan said:
What area of Zelda did you play?

Just the beginning part, where you start naked, then talk to an old man. I entered a dungeon, but the demo automatically ended as soon as I did.

sabastian said:
I have to admit, I'm a graphics whore. Along with loving awesome game play.

1) What game had the best graphics ? And compared to lets say Tomb Raider.
2) Comparing the screen resolution to a Vita game, how does it compare ?

Thanks for your feedback.

All the games I played were cartoonish, so I couldn't compare to something like Tomb Raider, but both Arms and Splatoon 2 looked amazing while having vibrant colors so I would say that.

Never really used a Vita like I said, but based off pics I've seen, the screen of the Vita seems a little brighter, but the screen on the Switch still looks crisp, and you could see all the colors and whatnot.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Is it me or those controllers look super small.

Ultrashroomz said:

Einsam_Delphin said:
Did you get a look at Bomberman? People have been saying it looks n runs badly.
Also the non-offset sticks on the Joycons weren't a problem for you while playing Splatoon?

Unfortunately not, but the game seemed to look fine from the glimpses I got from it, but ofc I can't say for sure.

I didn't mind the offset joysticks for Splatoon, but the demo used motion controls, so I only used the second stick for turning left and right, while I used motion for looking up and down.

Eh I'm sure they're just exaggerating. I mean I know it wont look great, but it should still be fine and the framerate while 30 should atleast be stable.

There's no difference if you never take your thumbs off the sticks, but Splatoon generally requires that you do, that's why I'm concerned about using Joycons with the game. I'm guessing you didn't use Booyah or Cmon, but how about jumping, reseting the camera or looking at the map? Was there any difficulty or discomfort moving your thumb from sticks to buttons and back?

All in all, thanks for the responses and answering our questions mate, very kind of ya!

Einsam_Delphin said:

There's no difference if you never take your thumbs off the sticks, but Splatoon generally requires that you do, that's why I'm concerned about using Joycons with the game. I'm guessing you didn't use Booyah or Cmon, but how about jumping, reseting the camera or looking at the map? Was there any difficulty or discomfort moving your thumb from sticks to buttons and back?

The B button is now the jump button, which is right next to the right stick, so I had no issues with that.

Camera resetting seems to be the same as it is so no problems there.

The map was fine too, since you can control the map reticle with motion very easily, and your teammates are binded to the dpad so super jumping shouldn't be much trouble.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."