By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I got to try Nintendo Switch! - My First Impressions

Are you getting a Switch?

Yes, Day One! 109 42.58%

Yes, but later this year. 53 20.70%

Yes, but not this year. 7 2.73%

Yes, but not until a price drop. 19 7.42%

I'm not sure. 21 8.20%

No. 47 18.36%

Total:256

Argh! If BotW's framerate is too bad on Switch, I may look into emulation.

Thanks for sharing!

Around the Network

Did u get a look at the UI?

jason1637 said:
Did u get a look at the UI?

Nope, the Home Button didn't work at all.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Yes, the game lineup looks pretty good, just not the launch lineup so I have no urgency to get it as soon as possible

Definitely will get it eventually!

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Ultrashroomz said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

There's no difference if you never take your thumbs off the sticks, but Splatoon generally requires that you do, that's why I'm concerned about using Joycons with the game. I'm guessing you didn't use Booyah or Cmon, but how about jumping, reseting the camera or looking at the map? Was there any difficulty or discomfort moving your thumb from sticks to buttons and back?

The B button is now the jump button, which is right next to the right stick, so I had no issues with that.

Camera resetting seems to be the same as it is so no problems there.

The map was fine too, since you can control the map reticle with motion very easily, and your teammates are binded to the dpad so super jumping shouldn't be much trouble.

I'd like to take your word for it, but I'm still skeptical, though maybe I'm just trying to justify buying a Pro Controller. :L

Around the Network

Looks very promising. I pre-ordered it. The portability really sold me

Bristow9091 said:
When you played games with just one joycon, did you use the same one each time? Like did you pick the left joycon each time, or try the right one? 

I used the right joycon for Sonic (the one with the joycon in the middle) and the left joycon for Snipperclips.

Sonic is a pretty fast paced game, and I didn't have any issues with controls. Snipperclips is a much more slow paced game, but again I didn't notice any issues, and both controllers didn't feel radically different in my hands, so they were fine.

Again my only problem with those single joycons were the triggers, even with the strap, the triggers just felt weird.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Bristow9091 said:
Sounds like you had a good time with it then! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm still not 100% sure if/when I'll be buying a Switch, since I was burned with the Wii U, hasn't really been worth the money for me due to lack of support... thankfully Switch is looking up, and there are quite a few games coming out I'm interested in so far, so maybe I'll have one for Christmas!

I think I'd end up buying a pro controller, shame they seem so expensive though, but it looks more comfortable than having the joycon controller thingy, so maybe it'll pay off in the long run...

When you played games with just one joycon, did you use the same one each time? Like did you pick the left joycon each time, or try the right one? The reason I ask is because I have wicked OCD and the joycons triggered me from the day I saw them, since on one of them the analogue stick is to the left, whereas on the other it's in the middle, so each controller is alligned differently if that makes sense, and if I were playing with someone I'd probably argue over which controller I'm having based on the placement of the buttons, lol :P

I have the same issue as you with the OCD and the worry about the right stick being in a different position from the left stick. However, people that played Mario Kart told me that the controller is so small that it really does not affect you past your initial touch of the controller. I would love to take their word for it but as a person that has one preordered, if you do not have one preordered and I have used it, I will update you on how I feel about this (since we seem to feel the same way). Their words were refreshing but my OCD will not stop me from worrying about this.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000