By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I know why the Switch Pro controller is so expensive

Why are we fighting over this stupid bullshit? I agree the controller is overpriced but all of these accessories on all platforms are marked up to preposterous levels. It's an expensive hobby.

If you don't want to spend $70 for a pro controller then use the two controllers packed in. Or spend $80 on two extra Joy-Con controllers.

If you don't want the Switch to begin with, then it's a non-issue.

Around the Network

I'm guessing this is a joke referring to the $30 charging grip?

Dat corporate greed though

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Probably because it has more tech than a PS4 controller, and with that, it's only $5 more. It's not overpriced.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Bandorr said:
Paatar said:
Probably because it has more tech than a PS4 controller, and with that, it's only $5 more. It's not overpriced.

Again how can you say "more" when it doesn't have the features the ps4 has? I'm fairly sure by all comparisons it has less.

Also it is $10 more typically.

The amount of tech is has vs overweight what it doesn't, not to mention that the features that are the same are better quality in the pro, such as the rumble. And no, the only edition that Sony is now selling is that $65. Any $60 that you see is there because it hasn't been sold yet, Sony isn't selling those anymore.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

Lol, but a lot of people already have USB-C charging cables :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Bandorr said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Why are we fighting over this stupid bullshit? I agree the controller is overpriced but all of these accessories on all platforms are marked up to preposterous levels. It's an expensive hobby.

If you don't want to spend $70 for a pro controller then use the two controllers packed in. Or spend $80 on two extra Joy-Con controllers.

If you don't want the Switch to begin with, then it's a non-issue.

And if they want a d-pad? Also if $70 is too much - wouldn't $80 also be too much?

Not to mention games like ARMS that said playing with one joy con only will leave you lacking in features.

What if you want a proper d-pad on your DualShock 4? What if you want symmetrical sticks on your XOne controller? What if you want dual analog on your 3DS? No product is going to make everyone happy.

This is an expensive hobby and all companies are finding ways to gouge us.

Want a pro controller for Switch? That'll be $70.

Want to play local mp on PS4? That'll be an extra $60.

Online multiplayer? Another $60.

Season pass? Tack on $30.

Collector's edition? Let's make it $120.

Want to play RE7 in VR? $400.

So why are we atracking or defending Nintendo over this? It's a company that's in the business of making money. Singling it out for "corporate greed" is pretty disingenuous considering how all publishers and manufacturers are doing the same thing.

Not a rip off at all for what the controller comes with

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Bandorr said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

What if you want a proper d-pad on your DualShock 4? What if you want symmetrical sticks on your XOne controller? What if you want dual analog on your 3DS? No product is going to make everyone happy.

This is an expensive hobby and all companies are finding ways to gouge us.

Want a pro controller for Switch? That'll be $70.

Want to play local mp on PS4? That'll be an extra $60.

Online multiplayer? Another $60.

Season pass? Tack on $30.

Collector's edition? Let's make it $120.

Want to play RE7 in VR? $400.

So why are we atracking or defending Nintendo over this? It's a company that's in the business of making money. Singling it out for "corporate greed" is pretty disingenuous considering how all publishers and manufacturers are doing the same thing.

You seem.. very confused. So lets try this again.

" If you don't want to spend $70 for a pro controller then use the two controllers packed in. Or spend $80 on two extra Joy-Con controllers."

That is not an option if you need a D-pad. You can't say "if you don't want it use something else".  The D-pad is a BASIC feature, One that has been on every controller (that i know of) since the original NES.

Specially when it comes to street fighter. I am still trying to find an article or a video of someone trying to play street fighter with a Joycon.

I don't know what to tell you, Bandorr. Use the analog stick, or the four buttons on the left side. If you need the d-pad so badly, suck it up and pay the $70. Or wait for a price drop.

As I said in my "confused" post, not every piece of tech will have everything you want. In some instances you'll have to settle for something less.

More like
* longer than any other console's controller battery life (basing on wiiu comparisons and statements) - hell xbox doesn't have built-in batteries.
* NFC functionality
* HD Rumble
* Best in class motion controls
* Fucking god-like quality control.