By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I know why the Switch Pro controller is so expensive

I have no problem paying for it. The Wii U Pro controller is my favorite controller thus far and it's what I use for PC gaming. The Switch Pro looks even better.

Around the Network

It seems like a very high quality, highly functional, controller with a great battery life.

As it's not packed in with the console nintendo probably feel able to go the whole hog in a way sony and xbox would hesitate with their stock controllers. In this sense it's more like the xbox elite controller.

Nintendogreed indeed

Never said:
It seems like a very high quality, highly functional, controller with a great battery life.

As it's not packed in with the console nintendo probably feel able to go the whole hog in a way sony and xbox would hesitate with their stock controllers. In this sense it's more like the xbox elite controller.

Uh...What? The Wii U pro controller doesn't have the build quality that a DS4 or Xbox One controller does, why would you assume the Switch pro controller would be comparable to the Xbox One Elite controller?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Here I thought the thread was about the ability to fine tune a woman's orgasm because of HD Rumble and how it's a fair price as a high end vibrator, disappoint.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Because they are a ripoff. That's why

Its $10 more than the ps4/x1. I wouldnt call that a rip off. It has the hd rumble inside. Its basically that

bananaking21 said:
Because they are a ripoff.   have better battery life and more features than PS4/X1 controllers. And a superior d-pad. That's why.

Fixed that for you :)

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

tbone51 said:
bananaking21 said:
Because they are a ripoff. That's why

Its $10 more than the ps4/x1. I wouldnt call that a rip off. It has the hd rumble inside. Its basically that

i dont know where you guys buy your controllers, but looking for a good deal is easy enough. i bought a new controller for 35 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/DualShock-Wireless-Controller-PlayStation-Black-CUH-ZCT2/dp/B01LWVX2RG/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1486742705&sr=1-2&keywords=playstation+4+controller

here, for 43$ on amazon you can get a PS4 controller. thats 27$ cheaper. 

fleischr said:
bananaking21 said:
Because they are a ripoff.   have better battery life and more features than PS4/X1 controllers. And a superior d-pad. That's why.

Fixed that for you :)

claim all the featuers you want. its just a pittiful excuse for a ripp off. they dont even have a headphoen jack, so no, they arent that great. and the superior d-pad is highly subjective. i personally prefer seperate buttons. not sure why anybody on earth prefers one large one. plus, the d-pad style literally does nothing to increase the price. 

RolStoppable said:
A Nintendo-quality cable certainly makes this a much fairer price.

Now thats a new one. LOL