By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why I can trust Nintendo's 1st party support with the Switch

Tagged games:

I am still waiting for a new 3D Metroid... with all that combined development power.

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
KLXVER said:

Then who knows how much they are willing to spend on the Switch.

Super Mario Run and Fire Emblem Heroes don't exactly take away much of Nintendo's resources. I mean, have you looked at them? 

I have looked at them, yes.

Fuchigole said:
KLXVER said:
Well they are still making games for mobile, so I don't know...

Aren't they contracting other developers fro their mobile games?

Yes, although Fire Emblem Heroes just saw its release (it was made by Intelligent Systems).

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Alkibiádēs said:

The Switch is the competition... 

And nobody wants to buy a handheld from those companies anyway. Sony and MS can't support two systems at once 

The Switch is not the competition because its price alone makes it a part of an entirely different market - home consoles. As for the second point, both Sony and Nintendo used to be able to support two systems at once. Nintendo did it for over a decade, stopped it last gen, and immediately decided that it was gonna support only 1 console the following gen. Which was my point when I said it was commiting suicide on one market - The only one it dominated. Everything else is in your head. 

Jpcc86 said:
Alkibiádēs said:

And nobody wants to buy a handheld from those companies anyway. Sony and MS can't support two systems at once 

The Switch is not the competition because its price alone makes it a part of an entirely different market - home consoles. As for the second point, both Sony and Nintendo used to be able to support two systems at once. Nintendo did it for over a decade, stopped it last gen, and immediately decided that it was gonna support only 1 console the following gen. Which was my point when I said it was commiting suicide on one market - The only one it dominated. Everything else is in your head. 

And I told you prices can easily drop. Sony was never able to support two systems at once, they were heavily reliant on third party developers. 

Nintendo stopped supporting two systems at once because developing HD games takes more resources (both in terms of manpower, time and money). The Switch is a handheld, they're not commiting suicide in anything. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Jpcc86 said:

And I told you prices can easily drop. Sony was never able to support two systems at once, they were heavily reliant on third party developers. 

Nintendo stopped supporting two systems at once because developing HD games takes more resources (both in terms of manpower, time and money). The Switch is a handheld, they're not commiting suicide in anything. 

Well, time will tell. 

Jpcc86 said:
Alkibiádēs said:

some incredible mental gymnastics going on here...........

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Yes indeed! The Switch part and this is making me hungry for the system! And it works the other way too!
- Play Splatoon on handheld mode

And like you said. You don't need to buy the same game again to just play it on the go or on the console.

I seriously can't wait for an HD Animal Crossing, Pokemon and Fire Emblem game!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

TorterraBoy said:

Some people lost their trust with Nintendo after the WiiU, because of bad support (porting some of the WiiU's only good games to other systems [like the 3DS or Switch] or because the system did not get 3rd party support that it needed). 

However from what we've seen, the Nintendo Switch is a hybrid console that will be Nintendo's main console & handheld system for the next few years, so they are focusing all of their game development on 1 system instead of 2 systems!

With the Switch there can not be any issues of:

-Animal Crossing on the 3DS but not the WiiU

-3 Fire Emblem games on 3DS but not WiiU

-Other games that were on 3DS but not WiiU / vice-versa

And now we can (maybe) see with the Switch:

-Another console monster hunter

-Mainline Console Pokemon game

-No abandoning 1st party support (like the Wiiu)

Nintendo can now focus all their first party support on 1 console! Something that hasn't been done since 1988!

And, now you don't have to own 2 different Nintendo systems (console & handheld) to get all of the Nintendo exclusives. With the Nintendo Switch all the games are on 1 system, they can't abandon support.

Even if the Switch wasn't a hybrid and Nintendo released a handheld with a separate library i would still trust Nintendo 1st party support.

The Wii U which IMHO has the worst nintendo library of all their home consoles was worth getting for 20% of it's games alone.

I'll believe what you wrote when nintendo actually release, or at least announce those games. This thread is just as useless as half life 3 threads