By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why I can trust Nintendo's 1st party support with the Switch

Tagged games:

Jpcc86 said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Because consoles can't drop in price or get cheaper revisions? 

So you want them to release a weaker handheld for a cheaper price? But a weaker handheld wouldn't last as long as a more powerful handheld as it would be outdated sooner. 

I absolutely have no idea what you are talking about. I simply said that supporting one console shouldn't mean to stop supporting your other console - which is the point the OP makes in this post with the comparison of the WiiU with the 3ds support.  Whatever happens during the lifetime of a console is besides my point. 

You say the 3DS crowd won't make the switch because of the price... but you ignore that the price can drop... Nintendo isn't sacrificing anything: the Switch is both a handheld and home console. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
KLXVER said:
Well they are still making games for mobile, so I don't know...

DENA makes the games, not Nintendo. They probably help them in some design aspect but they won't utilize their staff who produce games on console/handheld to make mobile games.

Well who is paying for the development?

mZuzek said:
Jpcc86 said:

Its gonna invariably replace the 3ds, but even tho The Switch is a portable console it has the price of a home console with home-console priced games as well.  So - I believe - the idea that the 3ds fanbase is gonna simply... Switch (wink) to the Switch is a bit too much hopeful thinking. 

As long as there is a hype as hell HD Pokémon game on it, I'm sure most of that fanbase is going to simply Switch.

Then again, Nintendo could (and should) release a portable version with no dock for $200. And also other versions with different things included/excluded in the future. (edit: but they won't.)

The dock doesn't cost Nintendo $100 to produce... 

Alkibiádēs said:
Jpcc86 said:

I absolutely have no idea what you are talking about. I simply said that supporting one console shouldn't mean to stop supporting your other console - which is the point the OP makes in this post with the comparison of the WiiU with the 3ds support.  Whatever happens during the lifetime of a console is besides my point. 

You say the 3DS crowd won't make the switch because of the price... but you ignore that the price can drop... Nintendo isn't sacrificing anything: the Switch is both a handheld and home console. 

Well, imagine that a new handheld comes out, either from Sony, Ms... Sega, I dunno, whichever fits the most. And it costs half what the Switch costs. It virtually has no competition because the 3ds is gone.

Jpcc86 said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Well, imagine that a new handheld comes out, either from Sony, Ms... Sega, I dunno, whichever fits the most. And it costs half what the Switch costs. It virtually has no competition because the 3ds is gone.

The Switch is the competition... 

And nobody wants to buy a handheld from those companies anyway. Sony and MS can't support two systems at once and lol at Sega... I'm sure millions of people will flock to that handheld for that exclusive Sonic yo! 

Around the Network

Well, if the first year is anything to go by, I wouldn't count on it, at least not yet.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Mar1217 said:
KLXVER said:

Well who is paying for the development?

Of course they're paying for the games lol.

Then who knows how much they are willing to spend on the Switch.

mZuzek said:
Alkibiádēs said:

The dock doesn't cost Nintendo $100 to produce... 

It costs people $90 to buy it though, so Nintendo's got no excuse.

The excuse is that they're not going to sell a console at a major loss because it would tank their finances and make the investors very unhappy. 

If you buy that extra dock for $90 then that's your problem lol. 

KLXVER said:
Mar1217 said:

Of course they're paying for the games lol.

Then who knows how much they are willing to spend on the Switch.

Super Mario Run and Fire Emblem Heroes don't exactly take away much of Nintendo's resources. I mean, have you looked at them? 

KLXVER said:
Well they are still making games for mobile, so I don't know...

Aren't they contracting other developers fro their mobile games?