By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn costs $60 - Is that a fair price?

Ha, well I think $60 is always too high, btu whatevs. The game is a full game from what I can tell.

But your OP made me laugh, cause it just brings up memories of gaming Journalists clamoring for Multiplayer in games like Zelda and Metroid, or other single player Nintendo games.

Around the Network

Zelda BOTW is the real overprieced game

- No online multiplayer
- no local multiplayer
- no character custimisation (I dont like playing a young boy)
- Cant change the name of Link
- No full voice acting
- No high end graphihcs (which are more expensive to develop)
- No free Flying like with mechs in Xenoblade X
- No 1080p (just with Cemu on PC)
- Just 30 FPS

Still Zelda BOTW is 60 bucks. Probl worth 14,99.

JNK alt moderated by Axum

Volterra_90 said:
Valdath said:

Can i join your open world hate club? It's getting ridiculous, everything is open world now.

Nah, I don't really hate the concept of "open world" games. The Witcher 3 and Xenoblade are good examples of open world nicely done. What I hate is the need of make everything open world when the game doesn't really need it. Mirror's Edge Catalyst is a good example. I also hate that nowadays everything which is not open world must be cheaper, according to some people. 

That's the issue i have, it's not that open world sucks, it's that there's too many of them, and some story heavy franchises that worked fine before now went open world because it's the trend, saving the world feels meaningless when i can just ignore the main quest and spend 20 hours gathering collectibles.

Maybe i played too many ubisoft games so i got burned out.

It is definitely a rip off!! Too much money for a game about prehistoric robots. So lame

Valdney said:
It is definitely a rip off!! Too much money for a game about prehistoric robots. So lame

totally, maybe if they were future robots it would be worth it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Nah, I think $119.99 for Horizon would be more fair and $29.99 for Zelda BOTW.

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:

Horizon already can't keep up with Zelda when they're both $60, so I doubt your proposal would make things better. ;) 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

ICStats said:

To judge the price of a game based on graphics alone is a new low for gaming

Alkibiádēs said:
ICStats said:

Horizon already can't keep up with Zelda when they're both $60, so I doubt your proposal would make things better. ;) 

Zelda pre-sales are unsurprising given it's the only decent game for the Switch launch.

Goodnightmoon said:
ICStats said:

To judge the price of a game based on graphics alone is a new low for gaming

I sincerely doubt it's a NEW low.  Besides my claim is about as serious as this thread.

Just in Feb/Mar we have lots of great action RPGs: Zelda, Horizon, Mass Effect Andromeda, Nioh, Nier Automata, KH HD Remix.

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Zelda pre-sales are unsurprising given it's the only decent game for the Switch launch.

Zelda was always going to outsell Horizon, lol. It will have better legs as well, if you want to use "it's the only good game at launch" excuse. Even the Wii U version is tracking way ahead of Horizon. Horizon can't even beat that despite being on the best selling console. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2017/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides