By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn costs $60 - Is that a fair price?

I don't play Multi-player... why waste money on it? just buy an MMO or Star-Wars Battlefront if this is your thing...

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
ICStats said:

Zelda pre-sales are unsurprising given it's the only decent game for the Switch launch.

Zelda was always going to outsell Horizon, lol. It will have better legs as well, if you want to use "it's the only good game at launch" excuse. Even the Wii U version is tracking way ahead of Horizon. Horizon can't even beat that despite being on the best selling console. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2017/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar

We'll see.  Wii U also has no other new games to buy.  PS4 has other new games to play right now.

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Zelda was always going to outsell Horizon, lol. It will have better legs as well, if you want to use "it's the only good game at launch" excuse. Even the Wii U version is tracking way ahead of Horizon. Horizon can't even beat that despite being on the best selling console. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2017/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar

We'll see.  Wii U also has no other new games to buy.  PS4 has other new games to play right now.

Yet CoD and Fifa have no problem selling many millions each year. 

What's Horizon's excuse?

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
ICStats said:

What's Horizon's excuse?

Being a new and unproven IP.

TallSilhouette said:
Alkibiádēs said:

What's Horizon's excuse?

Being a new and unproven IP.

Didn't hurt Overwatch.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network

And as expected, the irony flew right above many peoples head, and became mostly a Nintendo vs Sony discussion.*sigh*

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

No cow milking minigame, so it's worth about 30$.

So a game might not be worth it because it doesn't have a character creator?

Lol here in Germany it costs 69.99
I will buy it when it hits 20 euros

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

I get where you're coming from. I was so ticked that you couldn't make Nathan Drake a black lady on Uncharted 4. Resident Evil VII should have at leaSt as much online content as Battlefield 1, am I right?!

Seriously... a linear 1-player game experience can (and should) still exist in gaming and, yes, the publisher can ask standard retail price for it.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7