By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Will Not Support a Web Browser at launch

It really might aswell just launch right into whatever game you have in. It's not like it does anything outside of them.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

Well first who uses the web browser on a console? Second it's always something they can add in, even like with the Wii were it was a WiiWare title.

No wonder they're giving a free trial till the fall. Half the online won't even be supported at launch.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Green098 said:
Well first who uses the web browser on a console? Second it's always something they can add in, even like with the Wii were it was a WiiWare title.

For a long time I used my 3ds to see hentai ( yes it's pretty weird ) :P

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

I just can't see buying the Switch at launch. It's simply not ready. Hopefully all these "not at this time" instances will have turned into "included in the latest patch" before Christmas.

Around the Network

Since way back I already came to terms with Nintendo not being on top of things when it comes to being multi-functional. So nobody should expect more from a Nintendo system than just to play games. (even if their previous system had that feature)

Weird, seems like they are stripping the OS for functions, at least for now. Wondering if this means it's rushed, or if it is simply a choice they made. They probably have figures on how many actually uses the browser, and I suspect that number is low. Not a problem for me, at least it doesn't strike me as one, but seeing as it actually is a tablet it's a bit puzzling. Seems like they are forcing us to have a phone by our side when playing this thing :P

What a joke.

Thats dumb but not a deal breaker.

It really seems that they weren't ready but needed this fiscal year release....