By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Psp or Ds (Which has better Games?)

I've owned a PSP for about 10 months now, a DS for about 4 months. So while I may have some bias toward the system I had longer, I would have to go with the PSP. I'm very much a nostalgia gamer and love playing revamped remakes, and Jeanne D'arc was simply the best handheld game I've played all gen. GoW and CC:FF have been keeping me busy as of late and there's been no shortage of great gaming on the PSP as of yet for me. The PSP, at times, replaced my consoles as my gaming choice at home.

That being said, there has been no shortage of great gaming on the DS at all, and I seriously doubt there ever will be in the near future. So far, it has been the best of the two for on-the-go gaming. Elite Beat Agents probably being my favourite of the type, there are countless others that well suited that void. And to be fair, I havent yet played as many DS titles as I have PSP.

Of course, once FFIV and DQIX come out, I will be saying the exact opposite.

Around the Network

I don't have either, but I really want both. :'(

The games I'd get:

DS: Phantom Hourglass, Pokemon, Electroplankton (if I can find a copy), Professor Layton, a few advanced games I missed

PSP: Daxter, MGS: PO+, Patapon, God of War: CoO

All of a sudden im seeing the tide turn towards PSP

^_^

*fixes*

I love my DS. I love pictochat. I love it's games.

Pokemon Diamond, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Starfox, Advance Wars, Electroplankton, Phantom Hourglass, etc.

I love Nintendo games.

DS. God do I love that little guy.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Around the Network

I have both handhelds and i must say that i much prefer handhelds over consoles, but if i have to choose which handheld has the best games on it i would say psp even though the game library is smaller, although graphics isnt all, it vastly improves the psp experience, the only thing i dont like is loading times even on the new slim and lite, it ruins the experience a bit on some games for me. The ds has some games i do like though, but my playing time vastly favours the psp, lately theres been soo many great releases on it too.

DS games are much better then PSP games hands down, PSP is great for the emulators for playing my old games on the go though, PSP has a lot of mediocre games the PS2 had even though they get high rankings by review sites usually I can have ten times the fun with my DS games.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

DS for me seems too have way more choices too choose from.

I used Game Rankings average score to categorize PSP and DS games. It is very close, and in my opinion PSP has a better library by a little bit:

Total numbers of games rated higher than:
PSP
DS
92% 1 0
91% 1 1
90% 2 3
89% 2 3
88% 5 6
87% 10 8
86% 14 12
85% 20 18
84% 21 25
83% 23 25
82% 30 31
81% 39 34
80% 44 40

I'll admit I am surprised by the results. All of this time, I thought the DS had a much superior library.

Systems owned: Nintendo 64, GameCube, Xbox 360, Atari 7800, Genesis, PlayStation, Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS.

Year-end predictions (April 6, 2008):

• DS: 94 million (96.0)
  • Wii: 46 million (44.4)
  • PSP: 45 million (43.6)
  • X360: 27 million (27.3)
  • PS3: 24 million (19.4)
  • PS2: 124 million (123.7)

Like Leo-J said, go to any review website, here's what you will find.

DS has MUCH more games in total than PSP.
But

PSP has more 80%+ games than DS
PSP has higher rating average.

What DS has, is more games, I suppose when you have tons of shovelware on the shelf, it does give the illusion that it has better games.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)