By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Uncharted 4 outsell Halo 3?

Will Uncharted 4 outsell Halo 3 lifetime globally?

Yes 120 73.62%

No 43 26.38%

Total:163

Its going over 12m, imo.... yes I suspect it might.

Around the Network

If can sell a couple of more million retail. Maybe 2m~. It can sell a few more million digital especially with sales, maybe ~2m. And it can sell a lot more in bundles if Sony keep it going.

By the end of the gen don't be surprised if this has sold 13-15m.

CGI-Quality said:
vivster said:
Only with bundles, no way without.

Halo 3 also accomplished what we have on VGC with bundles, so I can certainly see that amount for Uncharted 4. Then again, Halo 3 may actually be higher than that. Millions higher. Our tracking of software is iffy at the moment. 

Thus, I can see Uncharted settling around 11-12 million, but Halo 3 is likely higher. So no.

Halo 3 was bundled a lot but I can't really take Uncharted 4 sales serious if you have to buy it to get a PS4 (which seemed to be the case for most people second half of last year)

CGI-Quality said:
crissindahouse said:

Halo 3 was bundled a lot but I can't really take Uncharted 4 sales serious if you have to buy it to get a PS4 (which seemed to be the case for most people second half of last year)

I wasn't aware of such a deal, but in my world, a bundled sale, is a bundled sale, is a sale. Forza 2, for example, was a pack-in title with the 360 at one point, but I won't discredit what it did because of that. Wii Sports? Same thing. A sale is a sale.

Sure, but if you can't get a product if you don't buy another product then it's not a wanted purchase. That doesn't change that it was sold but I can't take that serious to use it to measure how successful a product was.

So yes, Uncharted may sell more as Halo 3 but if you would ask every single owner if he was going to buy the game I'm sure Halo 3 would get some  million more "yes" votes. 

That Halo 3 and especially Forza on 360 also sold to many people who didn't even want the games is clear. 

The thing with Halo 3 was that you could still buy consoles without it but there was a time where you could almost not buy PS4's without Uncharted 4 so that there was simply no choice for customers. 

You can call Wii Sports the most successful game ever, I won't call it that just because people had ot buy it (even though it would have sold a crazy amount even without bundle).

A complete edition including The Lost Legacy might boost sales by a bit. This combined with bundling, I can definitely see it happen, but who knows.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

If it keeps getting heavy bundles, I think so. Without them, it may take a few years or may not even reach it.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

V-r0cK said:
As long as Sony keeps releasing UC4 bundles then it's definitely likely.
vivster said:
Only with bundles, no way without.
crissindahouse said:
CGI-Quality said:

Halo 3 also accomplished what we have on VGC with bundles, so I can certainly see that amount for Uncharted 4. Then again, Halo 3 may actually be higher than that. Millions higher. Our tracking of software is iffy at the moment. 

Thus, I can see Uncharted settling around 11-12 million, but Halo 3 is likely higher. So no.

Areym said:
If it keeps getting heavy bundles, I think so. Without them, it may take a few years or may not even reach it.

Wasn't Halo 3 like one of the most bundled games on 360?

Hell even double packs

I don't think some of you guys were around or don't remember how heavily it was bundled.

Including digital yes.

I think Halo 3 is higher than that, but with the Slim being bundled with U4, I wouldn't be surprised if it passed Halo 3.

I believe it will outsell it combining digital and retail almost certainly. I don't know about retail, though, but at the very least it will reach the 10m retail.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.