By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Insomniac Games Studio Reaction to Current US Immigration Policy

Tagged games:

ratuscafoarterea said:

I just love how you can’t comment or thumb up/down the video posted by Imsoniac. It’s like they are telling you “we have the moral high ground on this matter, your opinion doesn’t matter”. Once again, it just shows the hypocrisy of the liberal minded.

BTW, from now on, I will buy my Insomniac games, used.

I agree with there no protesting out protest stance being total bull. Don't talk shit, if you can't take shit.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
ratuscafoarterea said:
deskpro2k3 said:

what do you think about this one?

It means, "you're done, you're gonna die"

I'm pretty sure it means disapproval.

Apple

Google

Microsoft

Samsung

LG

HTC

Facebook

Messenger

Twitter

Mozilla

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
SuperNova said:
Edellus said:

Yes, maybe they're honest. If you read my following comments you should understand that my opinion is what it "appears" to me; I'm not assuming anything.

As for the bandwagon, I don't think the bandwagon can only be related to the relevant policy, I think the bandwagon encompases everything that is considered politically correct and signaling your righteousness.

I did read your following comments, attmittedly after replying to you, and am not quite sure what you're trying to say here? Care to elaborate?

They are a business. They need to make money. Even if they are a business in a generally liberal environment it is much more beneficial to not say anything about politics at all unless it directly affects their ability to grow and flourish as a business. It is much safer to not piss off potential consmers and business partners by releasing a political statement. There's more to be gained by staying neutral, so the bandwagon narrative just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm definitely no PR expert, but I think it is safe if they have the statement they gave. Despite of almost half of the US voting for Trump, there is almost no public Trump support from the entertainment and news media (except Fox and Breitbart, but almost everyone laugh at those) and I find that a bit tad weird. So, yes. I do believe it is safe to look and appear what the apparent majority think is righteous, considering that the opposite; a glimpse of trump support, is seen at the very least questionable.

I don't think I should be pointing it out (because I think I worded it always clearly) but it is just an impression of mine, that one of the objectives of these group/public/editorial statements reggarding controversial policies is to tell everyone else that they are too in the "correct" side, and you don't see this from right-wing leaning people very much (not that I'm aware of, at least, and not of this scale) so I can't help to wonder if this is possibly a result of thinking with the masses.

Obviously, it is possible and very likely that they're honest and they're not doing it for PR image towards the media (albeit the stance they take and the token people at the front, although, again, maybe I'm nitpicking). But I think it is ok to be weary of these popular displays these days, with such political tension in the US right now there is bound to be pressure to make a stance, specially if you have connections with any type of media.

It could also might as well be both, as I discussed with someone else in here earlier. Politics with business + media can't be that black and white, IMO.

Mr Puggsly said:
OdinHades said:

Nip it in the bud. If Americans don't stand up now against what's happening, there's nothing stopping Trump from doing more bans on other countries.

Tech companies are protesting for good reason. For Google, Apple and game companies, this isn't just about ideologics. It's about business. If Trump stops them from hiring foreign people because of all that America first BS, those companies will decline big time. There's simply not enough talent in the US, you couldn't hire enough developers there even if you wanted to. 

There might be bans on more countries, if they're linked to terrorism. But the goal still isn't to stifle diversity which is the narrative.

You're buying this fake narrative as well, there are plenty of people to employee from many countries not on the ban list. We're littlerally just talking about a few countries in the middle east and Africa. These bans are just temporary anyhow.

As I said before, if this executive order is really an attack on diversity its a faiure.

Off-Topic:

You are correct that the bans are just temporary, but this is a wrong sign.

Especially from a country which is based on Immigrants only (and with that destroyer of his native people)!  Also in your earlier reaction you mentioned USA is taking the most immigrants, yes if you count in that the current people in the USA are not native people, but all from Europe anyway! If you mean from the point when USA got independent, nope you are not correct:
USA only has between 12 to 14 % immigrants (which mostly in the USA  are from South America or again Europe) compared to more then 20% in Canada. Also countries like Sweden, Germany, Switzerland and even China are taking in more immigrants (in % ) so you are not correct in this.
Secondly this is a wrong sign from the so called Free Country of possibilities! Is the USA afraid of Islamic terrorists or just afraid of a religion with this strange ban. (below 1% of USA people is Moslim were in all other western countries this is at least 3%) If the ban is to make sure no terrorist are coming, you need really to change the plan and ban all countries or Moslims. But then again you will get the next problem the extreme terrorist are now changed christians and moslimic people born in a western country.(so with all the things ongoing are not feeling welcome in the country they have been born in and are also not accepted in their parrents country as full).

On-Topic: I think it's good that a company like this is trying to make clear, that the direction from Trump is not really helping in making the world a peacefull place!!

We here from Insomniac are always looking for cheap slaves from around the world. So we can fire the people who worked their ass of making good games at start and helped our company become great.  

Around the Network
ratuscafoarterea said:
Fei-Hung said:

No, I'm not the one bothered by a dislike gif, it's you who is convinced that someone wants you dead and therefore I'm playing along with your certainty over what was allegedly implied. Hence, report Deskpro2k3 to the police, not the vgc mods. 

Well, you're a little bit of an overeacting caring nurse, aren't you.

..... Yeah.. that word really suits you.

Seriously, you just start a dispute between several members, because someone doesn't like your opinion on something by expressing that with a thumbs down gif?

It's a statement by Insomniac Games. Closing the comments section and voting was probably the right thing to do If I look at these pages here. They want the focus on that message and don't start a war in that section, because that would surely happen. You can comment on that video on this board, hence why someone posted it and yet look at this thread. Thanks for derailing.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

kappie1977 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

There might be bans on more countries, if they're linked to terrorism. But the goal still isn't to stifle diversity which is the narrative.

You're buying this fake narrative as well, there are plenty of people to employee from many countries not on the ban list. We're littlerally just talking about a few countries in the middle east and Africa. These bans are just temporary anyhow.

As I said before, if this executive order is really an attack on diversity its a faiure.

Off-Topic:

You are correct that the bans are just temporary, but this is a wrong sign.

Especially from a country which is based on Immigrants only (and with that destroyer of his native people)!  Also in your earlier reaction you mentioned USA is taking the most immigrants, yes if you count in that the current people in the USA are not native people, but all from Europe anyway! If you mean from the point when USA got independent, nope you are not correct:
USA only has between 12 to 14 % immigrants (which mostly in the USA  are from South America or again Europe) compared to more then 20% in Canada. Also countries like Sweden, Germany, Switzerland and even China are taking in more immigrants (in % ) so you are not correct in this.
Secondly this is a wrong sign from the so called Free Country of possibilities! Is the USA afraid of Islamic terrorists or just afraid of a religion with this strange ban. (below 1% of USA people is Moslim were in all other western countries this is at least 3%) If the ban is to make sure no terrorist are coming, you need really to change the plan and ban all countries or Moslims. But then again you will get the next problem the extreme terrorist are now changed christians and moslimic people born in a western country.(so with all the things ongoing are not feeling welcome in the country they have been born in and are also not accepted in their parrents country as full).

On-Topic: I think it's good that a company like this is trying to make clear, that the direction from Trump is not really helping in making the world a peacefull place!!

Its still going to be a country of immigrants with a VERY diverse population, we'll still take more immigrants than any other country (regardless of population percentage spin) and we'll still give money to native Americans because they weren't destroyed ("destroy" would mean they don't exist).

Its not an Islam ban, plenty of Islamic countries were excluded. European countries are closer to Islamic countries, so naturally those countries will have a higher percentage of muslims. With that said, who has more Mexicans than the US? European countries are vastly more white than the US.

From my understanding the ban is just temporary as they figure out a better vetting process. So we'll have to wait and see how that goes. But again, if this was really about stopping muslims from coming in then there would be a lot more countries banned.

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/most-popular/10-most-popular-countries-for-immigration/

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Edellus said:
SuperNova said:

I did read your following comments, attmittedly after replying to you, and am not quite sure what you're trying to say here? Care to elaborate?

They are a business. They need to make money. Even if they are a business in a generally liberal environment it is much more beneficial to not say anything about politics at all unless it directly affects their ability to grow and flourish as a business. It is much safer to not piss off potential consmers and business partners by releasing a political statement. There's more to be gained by staying neutral, so the bandwagon narrative just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm definitely no PR expert, but I think it is safe if they have the statement they gave. Despite of almost half of the US voting for Trump, there is almost no public Trump support from the entertainment and news media (except Fox and Breitbart, but almost everyone laugh at those) and I find that a bit tad weird. So, yes. I do believe it is safe to look and appear what the apparent majority think is righteous, considering that the opposite; a glimpse of trump support, is seen at the very least questionable.

I don't think I should be pointing it out (because I think I worded it always clearly) but it is just an impression of mine, that one of the objectives of these group/public/editorial statements reggarding controversial policies is to tell everyone else that they are too in the "correct" side, and you don't see this from right-wing leaning people very much (not that I'm aware of, at least, and not of this scale) so I can't help to wonder if this is possibly a result of thinking with the masses.

Obviously, it is possible and very likely that they're honest and they're not doing it for PR image towards the media (albeit the stance they take and the token people at the front, although, again, maybe I'm nitpicking). But I think it is ok to be weary of these popular displays these days, with such political tension in the US right now there is bound to be pressure to make a stance, specially if you have connections with any type of media.

It could also might as well be both, as I discussed with someone else in here earlier. Politics with business + media can't be that black and white, IMO.

Well, i disagree on the PR front because the media isn't their customer, it's both halves of the US. We've already seen two people in this very thread that said they are going to boycott their games from now on based on this statement. That's where the real risk come from.

Ah, ok. That's what you were referring to, sorry it's early over here and I didn't quite get it from your wording before.

Yes, it's definitevely always good to be sceptical of public displays of any kind, we agree on that. We just seem to disagree as to how beneficial this possibly could be for them to do. As for them putting the people that migrated from other countries to work at Insomniac at full front. I think that's ok in this case. It's relevant to the statement he was making and he specifically referred to them by name. They still had black/asian/people other ethnecities than white standing at the back, I just assumed those were people born in america. Of course it could aso jus be a ploy, but like I said I don't see how they would benefit from it.

As for why the majority of the media is not pro Trump, I'd think that has a lot to with the fact that a lot of his statements and policies just don't hold water when you analyze them carefully. A lot of his policies are based on outright lies, ignoring actual factual data, like crime and unemployment rates as well as immigration rates. Add to that how inconsistent, bordering on irratic he has behaved in the past and any self respecting media would feel compelled to point these inconsistencies out. Especially if it's about something as important as the president of the US. There might be other factors at play though. Like you said, it's not all black and white.

deskpro2k3 said:
ratuscafoarterea said:

Apple

Google

Microsoft

Samsung

LG

HTC

Facebook

Messenger

Twitter

Mozilla

haaahahahah i never thought i would see simple thumbs down turn into execution hahahaahha.

deskpro2k3 said:
ratuscafoarterea said:

Apple

Google

Microsoft

Samsung

LG

HTC

Facebook

Messenger