By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Insomniac Games Studio Reaction to Current US Immigration Policy

Tagged games:

monocle_layton said:
Just in case anyone doesn't know, they're the developers for Spyro and Ratchet&Clank.

Also, something about all of this concerns me- how did they pass such laws so quickly? Aren't we supposed to have bills be introduced to the judicial branch, and then signed by the executive branch? Unless I'm overlooking major details, I'm concerned as to whether there'll be an imbalance in the 3 branches or not.

Ideally there's a whole lot of people a law has to go through before its enacted, but the President can make executive orders to basically just enact their desired policies overnight, or if they don't think they'd pass otherwise.
For example, a lot of the changes Obama made were by executive order, as he wasn't really able to make a move any other way as both the senate and house of were held by the republican part and would routinely block any law he tried to pass. As a consequence his changes are now very easy for Trump to undo.
Like anything in politics, there's a reason executive orders exist as an option, but of course they're a tool in the tool box, and tools can be used to do terrible things.
However executive orders can still be challenged, and this order has already been challenged as unconstitutional and looks to be heading to federal court.

Around the Network
ratuscafoarterea said:
deskpro2k3 said:

what do you think about this one?

It means, "you're done, you're gonna die"

Oh wow, you're trolling right?  Please just say you've been trolling this whole thread.  Please.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Wait, they're the a##holes behind anti-piracy in PS1 Spyro? Yeah, glad I never actually bought any of their stuff! Maybe I'll pirate Vita R&C now!

I'm going to say something here. To me, what Trump has been doing over the past week or so are one or more of the following:
(1) Enforce regulations done via executive order...under Obama
(2) Promissory notes saying "yes, I will get gov't to do this xx0xx"
(3) In the case of Obamacare, telling enforcers to use their discretion to benefit the citizen even at the expense of government

Which is why I really don't get this whining about his actions via executive order.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

deskpro2k3 said:
ratuscafoarterea said:

-snip snip snip-

(Seriously, why are they even offered in sizes bigger than 50px by 50px?)

I see the Colosseum, and reminisce about gladiators too.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
kappie1977 said:

Off-Topic:

You are correct that the bans are just temporary, but this is a wrong sign.

Especially from a country which is based on Immigrants only (and with that destroyer of his native people)!  Also in your earlier reaction you mentioned USA is taking the most immigrants, yes if you count in that the current people in the USA are not native people, but all from Europe anyway! If you mean from the point when USA got independent, nope you are not correct:
USA only has between 12 to 14 % immigrants (which mostly in the USA  are from South America or again Europe) compared to more then 20% in Canada. Also countries like Sweden, Germany, Switzerland and even China are taking in more immigrants (in % ) so you are not correct in this.
Secondly this is a wrong sign from the so called Free Country of possibilities! Is the USA afraid of Islamic terrorists or just afraid of a religion with this strange ban. (below 1% of USA people is Moslim were in all other western countries this is at least 3%) If the ban is to make sure no terrorist are coming, you need really to change the plan and ban all countries or Moslims. But then again you will get the next problem the extreme terrorist are now changed christians and moslimic people born in a western country.(so with all the things ongoing are not feeling welcome in the country they have been born in and are also not accepted in their parrents country as full).

On-Topic: I think it's good that a company like this is trying to make clear, that the direction from Trump is not really helping in making the world a peacefull place!!

Its still going to be a country of immigrants with a VERY diverse population, we'll still take more immigrants than any other country (regardless of population percentage spin) and we'll still give money to native Americans because they weren't destroyed ("destroy" would mean they don't exist).

Its not an Islam ban, plenty of Islamic countries were excluded. European countries are closer to Islamic countries, so naturally those countries will have a higher percentage of muslims. With that said, who has more Mexicans than the US? European countries are vastly more white than the US.

From my understanding the ban is just temporary as they figure out a better vetting process. So we'll have to wait and see how that goes. But again, if this was really about stopping muslims from coming in then there would be a lot more countries banned.

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/most-popular/10-most-popular-countries-for-immigration/

Yes, fixed number is huge yes on immigrants to the USA. But to be hones the best way to see if your population is diverse in Ethnic and culture you need to see it in percentage compared to the native population(which is hard in the USA ). In the USA most of the immigrants will come from South America. And remember that most white USA people are immigrants from Europe or from Israel! (as there were no white people in America before 1492. (maybe a few Vikings who couldn't go back to their own country) because how diverse is USA in reality. How much more foreigners are you seeing when you go to do your shopping? Absolute numbers doesn't say anything if the total population number is huge. For example: In the US there are around 158k Syrians (some born in the US some are refugees and some are just economical immigrants)  USA has around 325M people. How often will you meet one of the 158k Syrians in the US in reality? (yes only in the larger cities once in a while) In the Netherlands there are approx 64k Syrians and in total there are +/- 17M people living in this small country! You see? So that's why the % is a better way of seeing it!! Ofcourse Syria is in closer to our borders it's obvious Syrians will come first to Europe countries. But absolute numbers don't mean anything if you compare it to the total population! If a country only has 50 people and there are suddenly 20 immigrants from different countries this is a very diverse population!

As you mentioned correctly outside Mexico, the USA has most Mexicans of the world. 
How would you define White People? I know in the USA they use for example Caucasian or Hispanic when you have to fill in the form for the border. But in reality the Hispanic are descents from people from Spain and Portugal so they are Caucasian. I think Caucasian is not even relevant, because between Caucasian Descents there are so many differences. Is someone from Spain in your eyes white? Is someone from Turkey white? Or from Italy or Greece? 

deskpro2k3 said:
ratuscafoarterea said:

I'm pretty sure it means disapproval.

Apple

Google

Microsoft

Samsung

LG

HTC

Facebook

Messenger

Twitter

Mozilla

Careful, in his culture you may now be a serial killer lol

TheWPCTraveler said:
I'm going to say something here. To me, what Trump has been doing over the past week or so are one or more of the following:
(3) In the case of Obamacare, telling enforcers to use their discretion to benefit the citizen even at the expense of government

Which is why I really don't get this whining about his actions via executive order.

Obama distances himself from this:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/30/politics/obama-statement-on-trump-ban-protests/index.html

So.. what does that mean?

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Peh said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/30/politics/obama-statement-on-trump-ban-protests/index.html

Obama also enforced a temporary ban for visa holders from Iraq for six months. The difference is that it wasn't framed as a "Muslim ban."

TheWPCTraveler said:
Peh said:

Obama also enforced a temporary ban for visa holders from Iraq for six months. The difference is that it wasn't framed as a "Muslim ban."

And this is the difference:

http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/barack-obama-ban-refugees-did-iraq-iraqi-muslim-trump-jimmy-carter-iran-iranian-immigration/

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3