By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Insomniac Games Studio Reaction to Current US Immigration Policy

Tagged games:

fatslob-:O said:
Hynad said:

You have absolutely no idea if any employees disagree. For all we know, they may all agree. 

I suspect your comments give us an idea of your stance on this policy more than it criticizes this company's stance.

Point still stands regardless of whether or not employees are in unanimous agreement or disagreement. Game studios are not PACs and they should not try to emulate them ... 

No need to suspect as if like I were to levy nefarious intentions against Insomniac Games, I've been transparent about the issue all along ... 

You might want to lay off on the tu quoque tactic in the future ... 

They shouldn't take such stance because... you say so? Or because that stance doesn't align with yours? Being transparent doesn't take away the point that your stance on this undoubtedly affects your responses here.

Nobody here is a PAC, yet everyone is free to take the stance that aligns with their values. Your argument is shaky at best.

And I will reply to your comments anyway I see fit. Thank you.

Around the Network

My online pass for my launch day copy of Resistance 3 didn't work. It's true. Because it was a year old when I opened it, I no longer had the receipt needed to prove to Sony I bought it. On principle, I refused to re-buy it. So I bailed on Resistance 3 all together. Didn't even get halfway through it. Felt like a good time to get that off my chest.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

And this is why Insomniac is the best developer on the West Coast.

Hynad said:

They shouldn't take such stance because... you say so? Or because that stance doesn't align with yours? Being transparent doesn't take away the point that your stance on this undoubtedly affects your responses here.

Nobody here is a PAC, yet everyone is free to take the stance that aligns with their values. Your argument is shaky at best.

And I will reply to your comments anyway I see fit. Thank you.

@Bold Character assassination doesn't help advance your argument, you seem to have a really bad habit of doing that ... 

There are lot's of other reasons to not bring politics in a professional workplace. Bringing politics could potentially mean setting a precedent for excluding employees based off of their ideologies. This sort of bias hurts intracommunication within the network when prejudice takes over employees to disregard consideration of each others thoughts which can hurt productivity. Bringing in politics also mean conflicts of interest arising, this can hurt an individual's chance at promotion or climbing up the corporate ladder just because their line of thought didn't match up with the bosses ... 

Politics isn't compatible with the meritocratic environment of the professional world when it means compromising your beliefs for the better of work ... 

You don't become rewarded for your work/talent anymore, you become punished for your beliefs and that is especially true when we take look at affirmative action ...