By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Question for Wii U owners Re: Switch and Zelda BOTW

Will you get Zelda Breath of the Wild for Wii U or Switch?

I'm going to get a Switc... 128 45.39%

I'm going to get a Switc... 42 14.89%

I'm not going to get a S... 63 22.34%

I'm getting a Switch, bu... 2 0.71%

I'm not getting a Switch... 5 1.77%

I'm getting a Switch, an... 20 7.09%

I haven't decided if I'... 22 7.80%

Total:282

Just curious; if you own a Wii U and are considering getting a Switch and Zelda Breath of the Wild, are you going to get Zelda for the Wii U or for the Switch?

Right now, I think I'm going to go ahead and get Zelda for the Wii U, because I don't think I'll be picking up the Switch for quite a while after its launch.

But I suppose it's possible I change my mind between now and then.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

EDIT: For some reason, the last entry on the poll got cut off. It should read "I haven't decided if I'm getting the Switch and/or the new Zelda for either system yet."

Around the Network

I'll buy the switch version and play the YARR! version on Wii U because I won't get the Switch at launch and don't feel like buying botw twice.

Bandorr said:
Your question seems strange.
You mean consider getting them - but not at launch?

If I were interested in Zelda - I would get it for the wii U. That way I could wait for the switch and its accessories to get cheaper. Plus build up possibly a nice back log.

Just like how now I'm currently planning on getting FE warriors on my N3ds as opposed to getting a switch for it.

Sorry if it seems strange, but... basically, the question applies to whether you want to get the Switch/Zelda at launch, or you may want to wait until after, depending on reviews/availability, etc.

If you want to get the Switch at launch, or if you're reasonably sure you'll get it, but at a later time, I'd consider that about the same answer. I'm almost 100% sure I'll get the Switch at some point in the future, but not at launch myself.

But in addition to answering the poll, it's always good to hear explanations here in the comments, like you've done.

I'll get it on Wii U because I don't know when or even if I'll get a Switch.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I have Switch preordered. Assuming Gamestop doesn't fuck me over, I'll get Zelda on the Switch. For the most part, this is simply because I want to have something to play on my shiny new system and there isn't much else, but the portability is nice as well.

Around the Network

S&Z

At first I wanted it on the Wii U, but I changed my mind and now it's gonna be the Switch version with the special edition already preordered.

Still got a month to decide, pre-orders are set one way or the other. Nintendo has to disclose their online service before launch, things such as what we can transfer from our NNID account or if family accounts will be possible with the Switch.

It would be interesting if you could buy BotW digitally on the WiiU and afterwards download it at a discount or even free on the Switch? Haha, free will never happen.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I'm going to get it on Switch, even though I won't get it at launch.

switch + zelda.
do have a wiiU but i have plenty good games on that already.. don't need to play zelda on it :)

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)