By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Question for Wii U owners Re: Switch and Zelda BOTW

Will you get Zelda Breath of the Wild for Wii U or Switch?

I'm going to get a Switc... 128 45.39%

I'm going to get a Switc... 42 14.89%

I'm not going to get a S... 63 22.34%

I'm getting a Switch, bu... 2 0.71%

I'm not getting a Switch... 5 1.77%

I'm getting a Switch, an... 20 7.09%

I haven't decided if I'... 22 7.80%

Total:282

I don't really need a portable console like Switch so it has to be for my wii u.

Around the Network

Selling my Wii U and all the games I have for it, so as you probably guessed - I'll be enjoying Zelda on the brand spanking new switch, day one or shortly thereafter. Never really liked Wii U much and much more excited about the Switch, so no point in me getting the inferior Wii U version. Plus, you get the added ability to play the game on the go.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

I'm still not sold on the Switch, but even if I was, I'd get Zelda on the console I was promised it for; Wii U.

Barkley said:
GhaudePhaede010 said:
I am buying the Switch version because I probably would not finish the game if I was limited to television time.

But you're not limited to Television time on WiiU.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Even though it can be played off television, I am still limited to my television.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

I'm probably going to get the Switch, but not day one

I'll be getting Zelda for Wii U though

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I'm getting Zelda at launch, but getting a Switch later down the line. So, I'm getting Zelda for Wii U.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Originally, I was just gonna get Zelda for the Wii U because I thought pre-orders for the Switch would be gone instantaneously, but apparently there was tons of pre-orders still available at my EB, so I went ahead and grabbed one.

i dont like to look at March 3 as my deadline to decide if I want the game or not. im done putting money into my Wii U, and i might decide to get it later down the road, maybe holiday season. but im still in the air about even getting a Switch

DarthMetalliCube said:

Selling my Wii U and all the games I have for it, so as you probably guessed - I'll be enjoying Zelda on the brand spanking new switch, day one or shortly thereafter. Never really liked Wii U much and much more excited about the Switch, so no point in me getting the inferior Wii U version. Plus, you get the added ability to play the game on the go.

I'm not in any denial that the wii u version is likely inferior but when the videos of both wii u and Switch were analysed the lighting and shadow effects were better on wii u and the gamepad screen may function as a useful inventory and option menu. The gamepad sticks may be more comfortably positioned than the 2 joy cons mounted in the  holder. 

Just making the point that for the moment we do not know which will be the better game playing experience. It was developed from the ground up for wii u and then at a later stage concurrently developed for both systems.

Weren't Monolith involved who showed incredible skill at delivering xenoblade on the humble wii and chronicles for the wii u. They may not be up to speed on nvidia chipsets to help much with the Switch version and may not even be involved with the Switch version. The Switch will definitely be the better portable Zelda experience though.

Hopefully it won't be long before we see both final versions compared and I'm personally not expecting it to go all the Switch's way. Both games are pretty much the same size at around 14gb. 

The Switch has probably at least twice the cpu power of the wii u but if the game was written with the wii u in mind then its unlikely to benefit the Switch its really a battle of gpu's and memory bandwidth and its not obvious on paper who would win that because the docked performance boost just seems to be used to up the resolution and nothing more so really its about wii u spec vs Switch portable spec.

If I remember rightly Famitsu scored Twilight Princess higher on the Gamecube than wii.

Collector! Both...

just discovered a new game Store in central London... a few weeks old... pre-ordered another switch there... for a midnight launch!

Switch!!!