By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 7 PS4 vs Xbox One - Sony's console runs game far better

Jeez, not even 2K resolution on Pro?

I'll get the digital version on XBO/PC.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

Around the Network
Radek said:
Mafioso said:

Jeez, not even 2K resolution on Pro?

I'll get the digital version on XBO/PC.

Funny you pick on the Pro while OG PS4 runs 2 times higher resolution than Xbox One 1920x1080 vs 960x1080

Has 15 fps adventage in heavy scenes

Has better AA solution.

1260p is fine and is there to ensure higher details in VR mode and not a single Frame dropped which is crucial for VR.

A lot of people were fine with the multiplayer of KZ:SF and this seems to be the solution also Capcom shows here. And for varying framerates, people were also fine with TR2013 on PS4, as well as with Infamous.

I mean, what exactly do you expect from weaker hardware?

Radek said:
walsufnir said:

A lot of people were fine with the multiplayer of KZ:SF and this seems to be the solution also Capcom shows here. And for varying framerates, people were also fine with TR2013 on PS4, as well as with Infamous.

I mean, what exactly do you expect from weaker hardware?

Oh look another person brings up 2013 game, I could bring the same argument about 720p on Xbox One back in 2013.

Oh wait... Resolution count in RE7 on Xbox One is actually 768p - 960*1080 = 1,036,800 which is much lower than usual 900p = 1,44 million.

That's 100% lower than PS4's resolution and it drops 15 frames and has worse AA. It's horrible that's not even an opinion but a fact.

Well, there is hardly the platform to attack when other devs can achieve more pixels on the screen with other games.

I am only saying that people have double standards like always. It will be interesting when Scorpio launches. Also, there is no "100% lower". And why do you repeat things you already said?

Is it horrible from Capcom? Well, consumers decide, in my opinion.

Radek said:
walsufnir said:

Well, there is hardly the platform to attack when other devs can achieve more pixels on the screen with other games.

I am only saying that people have double standards like always. It will be interesting when Scorpio launches. Also, there is no "100% lower". And why do you repeat things you already said?

Is it horrible from Capcom? Well, consumers decide, in my opinion.

960*1080 = 1,036,800

1920*1080 = 2,073,600

Exactly 100% higher resolution, stop spreading missinformation.

15 fps lower in heavy scenes is a fact, that's 25% lower performance

worse AA which looks horrible on Mia's hair

All facts, no fanboyism.

I won't be denying facts, unlike most Xbox fanboys when Scorpio comes out.

If a game is 1800p native on Scorpio and 1440p on Pro I will be pointing that out.

However I will always remember Pro came out a whole year earlier for 399$, and Sony still believes in generations so PS5 is on the way in like 3 years

Which is much different than PS4 vs Xbox One / S situation.

You don't deny facts in the way that you repeat them over and over. And 100% more is not 100% when looking from the other side. For someone being so interested in numbers, you should know that.

And how do you come to the conclusion of "I won't be denying facts, unlike most Xbox fanboys"? Most of what? Users here? Who exactly? Or on the internet? Or all the 25 million people who bougt an Xbox One?

Yes, these are all facts but again you just keep repeating them as if someone was denying them. It feels like 2014 all over again when I read comments from you. The war is over, Sony won. And they have better hardware so the games run better on this console. Yet you seem to follow a certain agenda where it's clearly not needed, the math issues with percentages aside.

If this is whats considered far better on the PS4, then I don't mind buying multiplatform games on the XB1.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

I said exactly that, about the experience.
PSVR is the only way you can play it in VR from launch, so yeah, it was actually designed around the PSVR, that's what they used.

It's designed around VR in general, otherwise being designed artound PSVR should technically mean that it plays it at it's best, while anything else afterwards will just never compare and we know that's not going to be the case (because it's either a bad job or gimped on purpose with the other VR devices, let alone beefier hardware).

Well aware that it's PSVR excxlusive and the only VR device to work with atm, but it's VR in general.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Zekkyou said:
Azzanation said:

The point went right over your head haha.

The point you were trying to make is clear, most of us just think it's an incredibly silly point. "Welp, runs worse on the X1, i guess i'm forced to play it on my more powerful PC".

Having both the X1 and PC versions doesn't help you unless you have a suitably capable PC, and those that do were likley going to play on PC regardless. They're likley also playing on Steam too, not the W10 store.

No one is forced to play it on PC because it runs worse on XB1.. Where was that even a point? The point I am making is the XB1 version offers both the console experience and the PC experience. So if you were going to buy the most powerful version of the game, than the XB1 version is the best choice since you can play it on your PC and will offer better visuals than both XB1 and PS4 versions with the right hardware.

The Convenience of options.

Bandorr said:
Zekkyou said:

The point you were trying to make is clear, most of us just think it's an incredibly silly point. "Welp, runs worse on the X1, i guess i'm forced to play it on my more powerful PC".

Having both the X1 and PC versions doesn't help you unless you have a suitably capable PC, and those that do were likley going to play on PC regardless. They're likley also playing on Steam too, not the W10 store.

Well said.

If the version is "bad enough" that you have to play it on the PC instead of the xb1 - then why would you play it on the xb1?

And if you aren't going to play it on the xb1 and instead just play solely on the PC - wouldn't you prefer the steam version over the windows 10 version?

Steam is another option however thats based on what you use. Buying the Windows 10 version you also get 2 versions of the game while Steam only offers 1. So if you have a PC and XB1 than Windows 10 version is the easy buy. The Steam version also doesnt offer any other benefits compared to the Windows 10 version so the games are basically the same. So it comes down to weather you want to add to your Xbox achievments or your Steam achievements is basically up to taste rather than quality.

I own RE7 on Steam because i prefer to add to my Steam achievements and i own all RE games on Steam not Xbox, however someone that has RE on Xbox will most likely pick the Xbox version. If Visuals are bad well they have the choice to play a more powerful version at no extra cost.

Azzanation said:
Zekkyou said:

No one is forced to play it on PC because it runs worse on XB1.. Where was that even a point? The point I am making is the XB1 version offers both the console experience and the PC experience. So if you were going to buy the most powerful version of the game, than the XB1 version is the best choice since you can play it on your PC and will offer better visuals than both XB1 and PS4 versions with the right hardware.

The Convenience of options.

-snip-

I was making a joke at the practical application of your point. If someone owns a PC capable of outperforming an X1, they're likley not going to care about the X1 version anyway (not even as a means of playing with friend, as it's a single-player only game). 

For most people playing on PC or the X1, there are only 2 ways this plays out; either they're playing it on PC anyway, or only have an X1. In both instance, your point is a bit silly. The only instance in which 'it doesn't perform worse if you play the X1 version on PC' is relevant here is if someone has a PC that can play it better, was going to play it on their X1 anyway for some reason, but then decided it performs worse than they expected so will play it on PC anyway. This all also has to have happened after they bought the game on the X1, or statistically they'd likley be buying it on Steam. I don't personally imagine this'll be a common scenario :p 

I'm not bashing Play Anywhere, there are other instances where the choice could be great, but in the context of a performance thread your point was pretty amusing. Or at least i think it was ^^

Azzanation said:
Normchacho said:

We'll, then you'd be playing the PC version...

The point went right over your head haha.

Nah, I get your point. If someone buys the W10 version they can also have an Xbox One version that they probably won't want to use because it's the worst performing version of the game. See, we're on the same page.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

tinfamous12 said:
Title of this thread is interesting, the differences (again) are tiny, but PS4 runs "far better"?

I imagine it depends on personal preference. I wouldn't personally be bothered much by a 5 - 15fps variable, but there are plenty of people who hate variability of any kind and this is a much larger performance gap that we normally see.