By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 7 PS4 vs Xbox One - Sony's console runs game far better

It Only Does Everything..... Better

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network
GOWTLOZ said:
AsGryffynn said:

Well, comparisons like these are a reminder of something we know. I expect them to stay when the tables are turned. Then we will see if they continue... 

Xbox fans didn't like to continue this trend this generation the one the started last generation did they? Why would PlayStation fans do it then. Its upto you to do that when the new console comes out ;)

In that time I will just sit back and enjoy the games on both PS4 and my high end PC and not care too much about graphics resolution and some framerate drops that seem to concern gamers more these days than the games themselves.

dahuman said:

That's only cause Sony cashed it in for 1 year lol, PC VR support will come next year, so I can't really say that.

It is the best version right now. You can't talk about what the PC version with VR will be when it isn't out yet.

If you want the best Resident Evil 7 experience right now, then you need a PS4 Pro and PS VR for that.

oh yeah I'm not gonna deny that, but I have enough paitence when it comes to that Not playing RE7 right now is not breaking my heart lol.

Normchacho said:
Azzanation said:
Not if your playing the XB1 version on your PC since its play anywhere

We'll, then you'd be playing the PC version...

The point went right over your head haha.

Yep, for some reason they're pushing 1080p/60 fps on X1.

A dynamic resolution would probably fix this. Maybe Capcom felt 1080p was worth the frame dips.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

dahuman said:
AsGryffynn said:

Except the PC version looks worse, even if there seems to be a pixel count boost... 

Seriously, did anyone compare details (but leave the Pro version out of this)... 

They said the PC version is the best visually so I don't know where that came from lol

no HDR, no VR

Around the Network

On both platforms this is in the top 5 best lookibg ganes of the generation. The humans are probably the best Ive seen in any game.

Azzanation said:
Normchacho said:

We'll, then you'd be playing the PC version...

The point went right over your head haha.

The point you were trying to make is clear, most of us just think it's an incredibly silly point. "Welp, runs worse on the X1, i guess i'm forced to play it on my more powerful PC".

Having both the X1 and PC versions doesn't help you unless you have a suitably capable PC, and those that do were likley going to play on PC regardless. They're likley also playing on Steam too, not the W10 store.

BraLoD said:
Well, the game was designed around PSVR, so it should be the best version, even if other have better visuals, the experience was molded for VR.

Once the 1 year exclusivity expires, the PC version should be with the Vive VR. Really you could say the game was more designed around VR itself, not a specific brand device.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Didn't we just recently talk about the spec comparison between consoles and especially *who* is always wanting to talk about them? Well, here we go.
News at 11, better hardware produces better graphics.

Ruler said:
dahuman said:

They said the PC version is the best visually so I don't know where that came from lol

no HDR, no VR

Thanks Sony for buying exclusive rights to a VR version.