By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Berlin to Donald Trump: 'Don't build this wall

Your Stance?

For the wall 91 37.92%

Against the Wall 149 62.08%

Total:240
Mr Puggsly said:
Peh said:

You do know that immigrants come legally into your country, but stay illegally? How does a wall tackle this issue? 

Again, the wall is just part of security.

For those that overstay their visa, enforce existing laws. Less illegals coming could also open the door for allowing more to stay legally.

Exactly. Also: http://www.fairus.org/publications/the-fiscal-burden-of-illegal-immigration-on-united-states-taxpayers

The wall is 30 billion? Seems like change compared to the long term costs of supporting more of this.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:

Says the guy who's country is currently being overrun by economic migrants from every 3rd world nation in the Mideast and northern Africa.

Edit:  For the record, while "the wall" is a good idea in theory, in reality I'm not in favor of it because I know it's going to end up costing way more than estimated (as most government run projects do, especially in the construction biz), and our resources are much better spent on increasing the border patrol and enforcing existing immigration laws.

When Trump originally proposed his idea of building a wall, I thought it was purely metaphorical. I instead thought he planned to simply increase the security on the border, which I think it's feasible and more effective if the guy wants to get rid of the illegal immigration issue definitely. However, I read somewhere there were plans to triplicate the size of border patrols, but not sure there.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

wow didnt know that Mexico and the US were a country for centuries

NightDragon83 said:

Says the guy who's country is currently being overrun by economic migrants from every 3rd world nation in the Mideast and northern Africa.

Edit:  For the record, while "the wall" is a good idea in theory, in reality I'm not in favor of it because I know it's going to end up costing way more than estimated (as most government run projects do, especially in the construction biz), and our resources are much better spent on increasing the border patrol and enforcing existing immigration laws.

Unless we are annexing Mexico sometime soon, a wall ( a good, strong wall) is necessary. Not the dinky crap wall we have now.  It won't completely stop illegal immigration and drugs coming in (i.e. planes, tunnels, boats) but it will deter a fair amount of folks. I do worry about maintenance and ongoing cost. I am not worried about initial cost of building it because there is more than one way to bill Mexico for it withouth hurting american taxpayers (i.e. tax money going back to Mexic and cut off federal aid to Mexico, for example)

Mr Puggsly said:
JRPGfan said:

Germany is like : "we once had a guy like trump..... didnt go so well for us"

1. Racism is subjective. I'm hispanic and didn't feel attacked.

2. Obama did mass deportation, millions of criminal illegals.

3. All presidents promise this one way or another.

4. More anti-terrorist than anti-muslim. Much of these attacks just happen to commited by muslims.

5. Immigrants can be a burden, we're seeing other countires share that view.

6. The IDs thing was a loaded question. He didn't say he would do it, he just said he wouldn't rule it out. Hence, it wasn't really on his agenda. Quite frankly, a lot Muslims make it pretty obvious they're Muslims.

I would really like to see people give me concrete examples on how Trump is racist. He was never labeled a racist until he ran for office. Blacks and hispanics all talked about wanting to be like Trump and Trump was actually name dropped in a shitload of rap songs. So please, anyone who labels Donald Trump a racist, please tell me why he's a racist. Give me examples.

Around the Network

Your most favorite politician of all just came into the debate:

Can't see the link?

Our wall is bigger and it has a moat.

Did a good job keeping the Spanish, French and Germans out for the last 1000 years.

Not enough to stop illegal immigration so we built another wall in France.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

The government!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

A nation that doesn't control its borders is not a nation.

NewGuy said:
Mr Puggsly said:

1. Racism is subjective. I'm hispanic and didn't feel attacked.

2. Obama did mass deportation, millions of criminal illegals.

3. All presidents promise this one way or another.

4. More anti-terrorist than anti-muslim. Much of these attacks just happen to commited by muslims.

5. Immigrants can be a burden, we're seeing other countires share that view.

6. The IDs thing was a loaded question. He didn't say he would do it, he just said he wouldn't rule it out. Hence, it wasn't really on his agenda. Quite frankly, a lot Muslims make it pretty obvious they're Muslims.

I would really like to see people give me concrete examples on how Trump is racist. He was never labeled a racist until he ran for office. Blacks and hispanics all talked about wanting to be like Trump and Trump was actually name dropped in a shitload of rap songs. So please, anyone who labels Donald Trump a racist, please tell me why he's a racist. Give me examples.

^This.  Donald Trump has been in the public eye and a household name now for about 4 decades, going back to the early 80s when became the main deal broker under his family owned company, and ever since then he's been been yukking it up with countless celebrities and politicians of all political stripes and has made a worldwide name for himself as a media and business mogul.

Then all of a sudden, the guy decides to run for president AGAINST the political and celebrity elite's candidate of choice Hillary Clinton, who everyone thought was a shoe-in for the presidency, and next thing you know he's the 2nd coming of Hitler and is labeled as the biggest racist, xenophobe, homophobe and misogynist on the planet.  Is this guy a late-bloomer or what?!?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.