By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Berlin to Donald Trump: 'Don't build this wall

Your Stance?

For the wall 91 37.92%

Against the Wall 149 62.08%

Total:240
ktay95 said:
Honestly I don't think a wall is the best idea but it has good intentions behind it.
I mean shit I live on a fucking island and even I'm sick of the illegal immigration problems here, can't imagine how much worse it is in the US or Europe.

now now don't ay that around the hipsters in cbd on that island lol. 

Around the Network

Trump's wall is great policy. Trump's wall will be a good wall. The Berlin Wall was a bad wall that kept millions of people living under Communism for many years.

the problem with the wall is it doesn't fix anything. Ignorant people genuinely believe that illegals hurt the US economy more than they help it. newflash: the amount of value that immigrants from Mexico provide by taking the low tier jobs in society that a lot of US citizens don't want is enormous.

The janitorial jobs, fast food jobs, the things that a lot of grown Americans will never want to permanently do.

The thing is that for potentially someone from Mexico, a minimum wage job (or less than minium, as often is the case with undocumented workers) in America is a LOT better than what many Mexicans can get in Mexico. The point I'm making is that the majority of illegals coming into the country are taking work that a lot of Americans wouldn't want and are HAPPY to do so.

You build a big wall and get extreme about immigration from Mexico and you'll cut out the bottom part of the US economy. Trump is ignorant about this (or just in denial), maybe because he's somewhat out of touch with the lower rings of society (which is funny because he's gotten into trouble for treating undocumented workers unfairly in the past).

Building a wall is the answer people provide who think that government welfare to illegals is one of the things killing the economy- its not. Not even close. That sort of thing is a fraction of the bill compared to what's being provided to DOCUMENTED US citizens, military costs, maintaining the nation, etc.

I can't emphasize enough how potentially cutting off the Mexican inpour to the United States will potentially damage the economy gigantically. What do you think will happen when companies can't find a kajillion of happy immigrants to fill their minimum wage positions and other born-in-America citizens don't want the jobs? wages will be forced to be raised and then the cost of goods will go up.

A wall is short sighted and just silly. The Mexican immigrants aren't hurting the country or economy at all, they're filling a section of it. I can't believe a country so built and formed around accepting other nationalities and migrants to adapt to change would be potentially so blind and close minded at this point in time.

Too many sheep just going along with Trump's whims because they feel unsatisifed in life and magically think that ANY change is better than no change (which is not at all the case)

People here seem to have a lot of problem with taking in refugees? The crime thing is just an over exaggeration. What I believe is that you should take in refugees but send them back where they came from when things return to normal.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

A wall fixes nothing. It increases the tension between 2 parties. If you want peace, than this is definitely the wrong approach.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:

Says the guy who's country is currently being overrun by economic migrants from every 3rd world nation in the Mideast and northern Africa.

Edit:  For the record, while "the wall" is a good idea in theory, in reality I'm not in favor of it because I know it's going to end up costing way more than estimated (as most government run projects do, especially in the construction biz), and our resources are much better spent on increasing the border patrol and enforcing existing immigration laws.

Yet the German economy is in better shape than it ever was while keeping up extensive social programs for these immigrants.

But since the US doesn't know the meaning of the world social they have to do the only thing they understand, converting back to medieval wall building tactics.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Machina said:

Germany has no right to lecture others on how to run their affairs, especially given the catastrophic fuck up Merkel made in unilaterally inviting a whole continent to decamp and make for Germany (and inevitably other nations in Europe, without consultation).

Nation states, especially when they border significantly poorer countries, need borders. It's a lesson the EU is failing to learn in a rather staggering act of hubris. It's going to cost it dearly. The comparison with the Berlin wall, which divided a single country after a World War and in advance of a Cold War between super-powers, is specious.

A country so caught up in dangerous levels of racism and nationalism shouldn't lecture other countries on hubris.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Peh said:
A wall fixes nothing. It increases the tension between 2 parties. If you want peace, than this is definitely the wrong approach.

It might increase Mexico's tension with us, but they aren't dealing with the burden of millions of immigrants coming over. A lot of them commiting crime which is why the Obama administration kicked out over 2 million.

US citizens are angry at so many Mexican illegals coming in and our government not taking action to really address it. That's how a guy like Trump gets elected, the failures of past presidents.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Peh said:

It might increase Mexico's tension with us, but they aren't dealing with the burden of millions of immigrants coming over. A lot of them commiting crime which is why the Obama administration kicked out over 2 million.

US citizens are angry at so many Mexican illegals coming in and our government not taking action to really address it. That's how a guy like Trump gets elected, the failures of past presidents.

Can't wait for everything to be fixed in the US by keeping a handful of immigrants out.

mountaindewslave said:

I can't emphasize enough how potentially cutting off the Mexican inpour to the United States will potentially damage the economy gigantically. What do you think will happen when companies can't find a kajillion of happy immigrants to fill their minimum wage positions and other born-in-America citizens don't want the jobs? wages will be forced to be raised and then the cost of goods will go up.

Having a permanent foreign underclass is preferable to having prices rise a bit so that jobs pay a living wage, definiely.