By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Scorpio truly a mid gen upgrade or 9th gen system? My opinions. An exciting new console war is coming!

Hoping it has a trade in program, don't care for the which gen debate.

Around the Network

Whatever it is, I won't be buying it, makes zero sense to buy an Xbox anymore, especially if you have a gaming PC.

P.s. whoever is in charge of coding the site for mobile and thinks the ads plastered all over is anywhere close to acceptable, needs a punch in the face.

niceguygameplayer said:
jason1637 said:
Imo it will be a a side xbox one until scorpio 2 comes put then it will become the main one since it will be cheaper.

If they did come out with a Scorpio 2, I think that would make MS liars, because they said no more generations. 

They meant no more generations as in exclusives and new libraries. I see them supporting 2 xboxs at once and every game u.buy will work in the long run.

NATO said:

Whatever it is, I won't be buying it, makes zero sense to buy an Xbox anymore, especially if you have a gaming PC.

P.s. whoever is in charge of coding the site for mobile and thinks the ads plastered all over is anywhere close to acceptable, needs a punch in the face.

Disable Javasceipt for this website, it breaks the ads. Makes posting a little bit more of a hassle, but well worth it IMO.

its a slightly better PS4pro.... it ll sell like it does, maybe slightly better (depending on price).
it wont win the generation back for xbox, their too far behinde.

Around the Network

I think afaik, phil spencer doesn't seem to believe in generations after the x1 so I don't think there is any point to calling it a 9th gen system when MS themselves don't call it a next gen system.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I trust Digital Foundry's expert opinions in their write up about Scorpio. I expected more but it will still be a decent jump up. Don't expect anything too crazy though other than MS's version of the PS4 Pro.

if it's a true next gen system it is woefully underpowered

If it is four times more powerful than the X1 (as rumours suggest) then I would considere it a new gen machine.

chakkra said:

If it is four times more powerful than the X1 (as rumours suggest) then I would considere it a new gen machine.

Irrelevent sicne Pro exists to smash any chance it has as a 9th gen machine.