By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Scorpio truly a mid gen upgrade or 9th gen system? My opinions. An exciting new console war is coming!

KingofTrolls said:
Digital Foudry said they probably leaved Jaguar CPU inside so its mid gen upgrade.

Welcome, mighty king of the trolls! Only MS knows the truth at the moment. So we will see! I will be excitedly waiting.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Mid gen upgrade.

It would be odd to have a "next gen system" with no exclusives.

That is why I wrote about them possibly backpedaling and making exclusives after all.

Imo it will be a a side xbox one until scorpio 2 comes put then it will become the main one since it will be cheaper.

I don't know will it be gen 8 or gen 9. But in terms of Xbox consoles it's definitely gonna be the 4th Xbox without being tied to Xbox One family while having the games work on Scorpio, One and One S. At least for the first couple of years

Bandorr said:
niceguygameplayer said:

That is why I wrote about them possibly backpedaling and making exclusives after all.

Then they would be buried alive.  You can't go "hey everyone buy the xbox one s, and our games on PC" spending the entire time saying "yep no exclusives" and then go "surprise, exclusives now buy THIS system".

Every XB and PC user would bury them.  It would be the worst PR backlash imagined.

That is true sir; however, MS has made horrible choices before, as we all know. Plus, as I wrote, they may slowly make games that work on both and then transition into exclusives.

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:
I don't know will it be gen 8 or gen 9. But in terms of Xbox consoles it's definitely gonna be the 4th Xbox without being tied to Xbox One family while having the games work on Scorpio, One and One S. At least for the first couple of years

I think you are thinking what I'm thinking. That MS will start with fully compatible games and then shift to Scorpio exclusives. 

jason1637 said:
Imo it will be a a side xbox one until scorpio 2 comes put then it will become the main one since it will be cheaper.

If they did come out with a Scorpio 2, I think that would make MS liars, because they said no more generations. 

Bandorr said:
niceguygameplayer said:

Then they would be buried alive.  You can't go "hey everyone buy the xbox one s, and our games on PC" spending the entire time saying "yep no exclusives" and then go "surprise, exclusives now buy THIS system".

Every XB and PC user would bury them.  It would be the worst PR backlash imagined.

I think there is a possibility that they will screw PC gamers at some point. They currently have only 9% of Gears 4 players on PC as well as for some other games it was around 10% as well. I think they definitely not happy with this. So they can start releasing some games only on Xbox if it will bring them more money in theory by selling consoles to those PC guys who are interested in these games. The first game which I can see not releasing on PC is Halo 6.

If it gets exclusive games, it's a next-gen device (if you REALLY must insist on using the outdated concept of generations). If not, it's just a mid-gen upgrade.

niceguygameplayer said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

I think you are thinking what I'm thinking. That MS will start with fully compatible games and then shift to Scorpio exclusives. 

Yes. I will give 2 years for original Xbox One. So, let's say 2019 is the year when there will be some Scorpio-exclusive games