By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn impressions coming 1/30!

kinda Funny. 'AWESOME'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuoMIhuQzts&feature=youtu.be

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
kinda Funny. 'AWESOME'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuoMIhuQzts&feature=youtu.be

I don't have time to watch it now, but I really want to hear what Greg thinks of it.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Huge graphical downgrade from what they showed at e3 + massive framerate issues, clearly shows ps4 can't handle this.

Noo one said

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

irstupid said:
celador said:

no, it's part of an ancient dancing ritual

Oh, ha. I thought it was him fuming/crying or something over somoene dying.

That is him dancing? LOL.

BraLoD said:
celador said:

no, it's part of an ancient dancing ritual

Kind of possessed then? 'cause that would explain it.
If it is actually supposed to be a dance... boy, lol.

sorry I was joking, I think he is upset about something

Gamesradar call the world building brilliant

http://www.gamesradar.com/hands-on-with-horizon-zero-dawn-brilliant-world-building-is-the-star-of-this-show/

Around the Network

Just watched the entire thing, holy shit it looks amazing.

Previews are looking good, the cutscene issue everyone seems to be referring to isn't evidently representive of other quests, sort of sounds like an anomaly.
Anyway, here's a quote from the author at Ars Technica he posted on NeoGAF. More impressions from him at the link, the hype is real

mine from Ars Technica: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/0...tion-for-more/

I'll be online to answer questions about my play. But, my oh my, did I like what I saw.

This is where pre-encounter planning really pays off. You might start by laying down an electric-wire trap by placing two poles near each other, which brings up a live wire on the ground. In fact, lay down a couple of those on the encounter's outskirts, for good measure. Then launch an explosive slingshot charge at one end of a herd's strongest creatures, which will send them scurrying in the opposite direction.

Switch to your bow, with a fire-tipped arrow, and aim at a weak spot on the head of a slower-moving guard creature (you already scanned it, right?). Hit that shot, let the fire damage start wearing that sucker down, and equip your rope-tying gun. Now, use that to slow and stymie the fastest, most aggressive creature that might otherwise charge at you. Get the bow back out, lay down some arrows to take out some of the wimpier Watchers, and rush up to that tied-up beast and land a few "critical" blows.

When it breaks loose from the ties, run back to the outskirts and hope it chases you right through those traps you set earlier. The traps won't hurt you, but they'll definitely hurt the thing behind you.

Cool. The enemy is now weakened by about 70 percent. Finish it with carefully timed attacks and dodge rolls. Also, don't forget the super-powered abilities you've unlocked with level-up points. These include, among other cool things, an incredible time-slowing effect whenever you run and slide—which lets you carefully aim an arrow or two at an enemy's weak point just when you need it.

The look and feel of combat is often impressive if chaotic at times. The controls are sharp and at least during the hands-on session the combat felt enjoyable, especially if you had the time and space to plan it properly. Many of the robotic animals acted the way their real world equivalent might, but other more exotic kinds will provide us with some unexpected twists and turns later on. Horizon has the potential to create emergent "war stories" of both successful and failed hunts, or encounters with hostile tribes. Trapping unfamiliar robots might not be as easy as it sounds, as we found out when some of them jumped over our electrified tripwires on their way to claw at Aloy's face.

Horizon: Zero Dawn seems to be taking its place in the open-world action genre with ease. The main plot provides major pull to carry on and most of the side-quests have their own charm as well. The trinity of themes should afford varied opportunities to the script and combat design, from the first moments to the last boss fight. The game doesn't reinvent the wheel, but rather builds upon established practices. If you've played the new Tomb Raider, Far Cry or Metal Gear Solid, you'll likely feel right at home with Horizon. Bows and traps might have taken precedence over firearms, but the basic mechanics remain largely the same. You're always outnumbered and often outgunned, so it'll rarely turn into a hack 'n' slash. The colourful apocalypse and the tribes, robots, and mysteries promise a different if mechanically familiar open world adventure as it lands on March 1

http://www.gamereactor.eu/previews/501553/Horizon+Zero+Dawn/?page=2

It is also a vast, open-world adventure that feels on par with the types of games Ubisoft has been making and refining over a decadelong period. And Guerrilla seems to have nailed the type of gameplay that will draw in fans of Far Cry, The Witcher, The Elder Scrolls and Watch Dogs on its first stab at the genre.

In the game’s early hours, Guerrilla establishes an intriguing world, bursting with unknowns. Who is Aloy? What led to her and Rost becoming outcasts? Who are her parents? What happened to the world of humans, now mechanical beasts of burden and dinosaur-like robots?

Aloy will become more capable as she levels up, unlocking new skills that improve her hunting and foraging skills. Foraging for items, whether it be medicinal herbs, wood for arrows or scrap from the machines Aloy kills, is an ever-present gameplay component. There’s always something to acquire, to craft, to collect more of. You’ll always feel like you’re making some level of progress, no matter how small.

There’s no shortage of things to do early on in Horizon Zero Dawn. Players can amass a laundry list of quests and errands to take on, and those missions feel like they flow and overlap organically. There are cities and encampments to visit, as well as characters you’ll encounter in the wild who will ask Aloy for favors. These side quests all feel like a part of Aloy’s overall character growth, not simply distractions from your core mission.

Guerrilla Games has been known for pushing the graphical capabilities of PlayStation hardware, and Horizon Zero Dawn is easily its most impressive looking game to date. The game’s Decima engine — the recently branded tech that will also power Kojima Productions’ Death Stranding — churns out some stunning visuals. The game’s day-night cycle offers beautiful, moonlit nights and soft, warm sunrises. A dynamic weather system may mean, as in my case, a combat encounter that’s sunny in one instance features pouring rain in a second attempt. A built-in photo mode available whenever players pause the game will surely make for a flood of lovely screenshots. (Less appealing are some of the game’s dialogue-heavy cutscenes, which appear to have voice acting of wildly varying quality.)

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/30/14435128/horizon-zero-dawn-hands-on-ps4-pre-review-preview

CGI-Quality said:
xl-klaudkil said:
Huge graphical downgrade from what they showed at e3 + massive framerate issues, clearly shows ps4 can't handle this.

I'm not seeing this (in fact, the graphics look a fair bit better than I last remember). I also don't see any framerate issues.

There's no visual downgrade to speak of, and most previews are coming from the OG PS4. Games a stunner for sure