By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn impressions coming 1/30!

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Around the Network

Her talking to herself is the least of the problems. This might be the first game I ever skip cutscenes with.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Her talking to herself is the least of the problems. This might be the first game I ever skip cutscenes with.

Tell that to Fi or Navi.

daredevil.shark said:
World is huge and gameplay is great. But cutscenes are shit. It's really bad.

I'll take it!

The only hope I have in regards to the voice acting/script is that the best actors, writing and storylines are saved for the main quest, and the secondary, optional stuff is of shitty quality.

Around the Network

Do we know if this is a main story quest?

The animation seems to be as it was at E3 (looking at Alloy's animation), which wasn't great but I can deal with that given the game is an open world RPG, I wouldn't expect it to be on a par with something like Uncharted providing there is a lot of optional dialogue, voiced NPCs. It is a tad jarring given how good looking the game is though.

I muted the video as soon as they started talking, to avoid spoilers not for any other reason, so I can't speak for the quality of the voices/acting, however it could be explained by it being a side quest as you tend to get varying degrees of quality in these sorts of games.

I may have to bite the bullet and watch it, although I'm buying the game regardless so I probably wont.

Game play wise the game looks fantastic, can't wait.

Don't ruin the moment

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PC/PS4), Dead Cells (PC)

LordyPlays on YouTube

Apparently the videos have been deleted?

Anyway, written previews coming shortly, interested to see what they have to say

celador said:
The only hope I have in regards to the voice acting/script is that the best actors, writing and storylines are saved for the main quest, and the secondary, optional stuff is of shitty quality.

That's what I'm hoping for but the dialogue ... on boy, the dialogue. It doesn't matter how good the acting is or how good the motion capture is, if this is a taster of the quality of the dialogue, it's ALL going to be terrible.

The PS5 Exists. 

Wait, the embargo ends today? Already?

lonerism said:
Wait, the embargo ends today? Already?

Previews, not the actual review embargo.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.