By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn impressions coming 1/30!

GribbleGrunger said:
Oh fuckin' dear. Naughty Dog, for the love of God have a word. I'm going to have to play this game muted, it's THAT bad.

rofl, are you serious?

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Oh fuckin' dear. Naughty Dog, for the love of God have a word. I'm going to have to play this game muted, it's THAT bad.

?

I think he's referring to her apparently talking to herself.

For the Love of God I hope there is at least an option to turn that of..... its like shs voicing out everything that would have otherwise been onscreen prompts.

So annoying.

From Meritstation's video, the only aspect of it that seems a bit disappointing is the script and facial animations. HUD could be cleaner too.

Everything else looks pretty good. I still think it will score 80-85, and not be a GOTY contender as many do. Overall, a pretty good effort for a company's first RPG, they are certainly not easy

World is huge and gameplay is great. But cutscenes are shit. It's really bad.

celador said:
From Meritstation's video, the only aspect of it that seems a bit disappointing is the script and facial animations. HUD could be cleaner too.

Everything else looks pretty good. I still think it will score 80-85, and not be a GOTY contender as many do.

Are you referring to that cut scene GAF is laughing at? Because yeah, that was fucking brutal from a writing, acting, and animation standpoint. I hope that guy is one of the devs or a close family member, no idea how he got the part otherwise. Horrible. Hope the rest of the game holds up better in writing and voice acting.

The faces in the cut scene were very bizarre, especially the guys sister, she keeps giving this creepy smile.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:

Bad isn't the word for it. I'd have to say 'shit'. I don't know how they've managed it but they've combined terrible dialogue with terrible acting and terrible facial and body animations. This is atrocious. This is BAD, really really BAAAAAD! lol

The PS5 Exists. 

BraLoD said:
Intrinsic said:

I think he's referring to her apparently talking to herself.

For the Love of God I hope there is at least an option to turn that of..... its like shs voicing out everything that would have otherwise been onscreen prompts.

So annoying.

Can you please give an example? (I was indeed watching it muted, can't listen to videos now)

Like she would be sneaking up behind a herd. Instead of seeing an onscreen propt/hint Saying "pess X to scan enemies for weaknesses" instead what the game seems to do have Alloy verbally say "if i can just scan these enemies I will see their weaknesses"

Or she picks up an item and she says, "these are some great parts to sell"........

Its extremely immersion breaking to have a character that you are controlling talk to themselves as a means to talk to you. I have no idea whose brilliant idea that was. There needs to be an option to put that shit off.

GribbleGrunger said:
daredevil.shark said:

Bad isn't the word for it. I'd have to say 'shit'. I don't know how they've managed it but they've combined terrible dialogue with terrible acting and terrible facial and body animations. This is atrocious. This is BAD, really really BAAAAAD! lol

That was one cut scene the rest I've seen have been good.

Intrinsic said:
BraLoD said:

Can you please give an example? (I was indeed watching it muted, can't listen to videos now)

Like she would be sneaking up behind a herd. Instead of seeing an onscreen propt/hint Saying "pess X to scan enemies for weaknesses" instead what the game seems to do have Alloy verbally say "if i can just scan these enemies I will see their weaknesses"

Or she picks up an item and she says, "these are some great parts to sell"........

Its extremely immersion breaking to have a character that you are controlling talk to themselves as a means to talk to you. I have no idea whose brilliant idea that was. There needs to be an option to put that shit off.

Haven't watched, so can't tell how annoying or immersion breaking it is, but I hearing of things like that is more worrying to me in the sense that they might have felt that the main character talking to herself constantly would be a way to make the world not feel as hollow/empty/ect.

I mean if the villages/people/ect are few adn far between, they may have forced in some BS lines from her taht will get repeated a ton "I used to be an adventurer like you..." to fill in the lonesomeness of the game.

Or it could just be they thought it would be a neat way to do a tutorial that ultimately fails. But as tutuorials are usually only an hour or two in a RPG, it will just be bashed as most tutorials are.

LudicrousSpeed said:
celador said:

Everything else looks pretty good. I still think it will score 80-85, and not be a GOTY contender as many do.

Are you referring to that cut scene GAF is laughing at? Because yeah, that was fucking brutal from a writing, acting, and animation standpoint. I hope that guy is one of the devs or a close family member, no idea how he got the part otherwise. Horrible. Hope the rest of the game holds up better in writing and voice acting.

The faces in the cut scene were very bizarre, especially the guys sister, she keeps giving this creepy smile.

Extra disappointing writing given they got the main guy from Fallout New Vegas on the team. I won't hold out hope that the rest of the game is better in that respect given this is the part that Guerrilla decided to show off.