By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn - Plenty of behind-the-scenes praise

Its possible. Everything is possible when you just have hype as the only basis to judge.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
outlawauron said:
Psh, won't even be GOTY.

well obviously, since RDR2 is releasing this year. 

You think that RDR2 is actually going to make it in 2017?

and obviously, you've forgotten about Nier.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Well, they need a positive word of mouth if they want it to compete with other big releases around that time while simultaneously pushing the platform through Spring and into Summer.

Well it's probably not going to sit on the throne by itself but will sit at the round table with other notable titles. Uncharted Series, The Last of Us, Heavy Rain. Gamers and their wallets will decide if chair gets pulled out for Horizon Zero Dawn!

UNTIL DAWN says no.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

I shall enjoy, Horizon to the fullest. Im so hyped that Kojima is using their engine. GOTY? Maybe. Persona 5 still has to come out this year.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Honestly it looks amazing. The story looks interesting, the game play looks good, everything about it just looks great. Will see if all of that translates into an amazing game when it comes out.

It looks awesome!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

TBH from the first 2:25min of the first reveal trailer it looked amazing and one of the best games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkg5UVTsKCE&t=166s So even if this game disappoint it is going to be better than 90% of other games.

Nogamez said:
It will probably be over hyped and under perform on gameplay. Let's hope not though but yeah it's not on my radar yet but then Im just waiting on BotW so I probably don't count.

That's a weird impression to have considering that Horizon and BotW have a similar "vibe" to them, I don't see how it could underperform in gameplay when they look to play similarly (bow shooting, platforming, heavy exploration). I don't think it will be "overhyped" but I also don't think it will break any records or stun the critics, being a new IP, it will probably feel a bit rough around the edges.. It could be the start of Sony's next new franchise however and future installments improve on the first.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian