By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn - Plenty of behind-the-scenes praise

Sure is shaping up to be...for now. We don't know much about TLOU2 yet.

Around the Network

When you overhype something, you set yourself up for disappointment. I'm excited but let's try to be level headed.

Probably à great game but cant bé thé perfection of Gravity Rush 2

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Damn, I wish people would not over-hype these things. OK mock reviews are good / great and the top brass is all excited about it. But do we have any information on how those things have correlated in the past with actual real world reviews and sales?

Seems like internal hype can be filled with biases. I prefer the approach Naughty Dog took with TLOU coming up to release. They were full of fear that the game wouldn't play well with the audience being such a departure from the popcorn adventure of Uncharted and having a 14 year old girl being the focus of the story.

I really hope Horizon will be good and I think it will be. But if it comes out with a meta average in the low 80's, despite that still being great people will jump on it as a failure because the hype was saying it's the best game evah!

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Considering how high of a pedigree their previous exclusives have been that is a really stupid thing to say before it even comes out.

I am Iron Man

Around the Network

Considering Uncharted is such a boring franchise(2 and 4 are really good but not amazing) and that Playstation 4 hasn't had much else to get excited for(I personally really enjoyed ratchet and clank, infamous, and The Last Guardian though) I would say it might be the best exclusive of the ps4 so far. Of all Playstation history? Probably not, but i'm new to playstation.

CGI-Quality said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Considering how high of a pedigree their previous exclusives have been that is a really stupid thing to say before it even comes out.

Not a stupid thing to say at all, particularly as it can be one man's opinion, while not someone else's, and be totally fine. Beyond that, as far as I can tell, GG has fairly decent track record, so I don't see anything wrong with giving their upcoming project some hype/love.

I'm saying how can you say it's the best before playing through the whole thing?  If it's best GG game then fine but when you've gotta compete against TLoU, Uncharted 3, Littlbigplanet, GT, etc. it's impossible to make such a statement with any degree of an educated guess.  It's just a guess at this point.  If he wants to say it after playing it then fine, but as of now he's just shooting in the dark to make a headline.

I am Iron Man

CGI-Quality said:
Intrinsic said:

Difference is that mock reviews are meant to be extremly honest and critical, and their credibility is more particularly because they are private.

Having said that, Horozon has to be really something to claim that title.... and I will put no stock in this post. I like shinobi and all, but he ven said positive things about the order..... so its kinda hard to take what he says as gospel.

If that's the case, his credibility is even higher! Unlike many, The Order was a fantastic game for me! Only negative was length.

Same here.  Still have the steelbook and have gone back to it a couple times.  Like many of my favorite cinematic games it's very fun to go back and enjoy on easy.

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
CGI-Quality said:

Not a stupid thing to say at all, particularly as it can be one man's opinion, while not someone else's, and be totally fine. Beyond that, as far as I can tell, GG has fairly decent track record, so I don't see anything wrong with giving their upcoming project some hype/love.

I'm saying how can you say it's the best before playing through the whole thing?  If it's best GG game then fine but when you've gotta compete against TLoU, Uncharted 3, Littlbigplanet, GT, etc. it's impossible to make such a statement with any degree of an educated guess.  It's just a guess at this point.  If he wants to say it after playing it then fine, but as of now he's just shooting in the dark to make a headline.

Shinobi isn't saying that he thinks it's the best first party PlayStation game. He said that from what he's hearing, the mock reviews have been really good and Sony are really happy with it.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Shinobi isn't saying that he thinks it's the best first party PlayStation game. He said that from what he's hearing, the mock reviews have been really good and Sony are really happy with it.

I just don't think this is a call to make pre-release.  It's one thing to say this if they had only had an 8/10 exclusive before, but they have some of the most critically acclaimed games of all time.  It's like saying a game is over because you have a good week of practice before it.

I am Iron Man