By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn - Plenty of behind-the-scenes praise

Ever? No way.

Best upcoming like Shinobi said? Maybe until TLOU2.

Bodes well, though.

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Damn, I wish people would not over-hype these things. OK mock reviews are good / great and the top brass is all excited about it. But do we have any information on how those things have correlated in the past with actual real world reviews and sales?

Seems like internal hype can be filled with biases. I prefer the approach Naughty Dog took with TLOU coming up to release. They were full of fear that the game wouldn't play well with the audience being such a departure from the popcorn adventure of Uncharted and having a 14 year old girl being the focus of the story.

I really hope Horizon will be good and I think it will be. But if it comes out with a meta average in the low 80's, despite that still being great people will jump on it as a failure because the hype was saying it's the best game evah!

So if thé game gets a 84 Meta instead of à 85 its disapointing ?

( Btw i previously predicted 86 meta for this game but since it launches  thé same week than Zelda, itll probably get 84 instead, Zelda just has more charm as as an adventure so it will overshadow this One who chose thé worst période )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Normchacho said:

Shinobi isn't saying that he thinks it's the best first party PlayStation game. He said that from what he's hearing, the mock reviews have been really good and Sony are really happy with it.

I just don't think this is a call to make pre-release.  It's one thing to say this if they had only had an 8/10 exclusive before, but they have some of the most critically acclaimed games of all time.  It's like saying a game is over because you have a good week of practice before it.

I don't know where the OP got his thread title, because it isn't what Shinobi said. I agree that post launch is waaayyy too early to make that claim. But it's the OPs claim, not the claim made in the source.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

The downplay and overhyping drive me nuts. The game looks good (visuals, gameplay & setting), but no point claiming it to be great without even playing a demo and seeing how it controls.

Areym said:
Nogamez said:
It will probably be over hyped and under perform on gameplay. Let's hope not though but yeah it's not on my radar yet but then Im just waiting on BotW so I probably don't count.

That's a weird impression to have considering that Horizon and BotW have a similar "vibe" to them, I don't see how it could underperform in gameplay when they look to play similarly (bow shooting, platforming, heavy exploration). I don't think it will be "overhyped" but I also don't think it will break any records or stun the critics, being a new IP, it will probably feel a bit rough around the edges.. It could be the start of Sony's next new franchise however and future installments improve on the first.

Just my thoughts. For instance GTA5 and Watchdogs had a similar Vibe to them, open world, gunplay, driving Cars etc. One was a Internationally Acclaimed game series that sell millions and one was a Hyped new IP. One was great the other was crap IMO. Just hoping it isnt the same with this game Over Hyped and under deliver. 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Nogamez said:
It will probably be over hyped and under perform on gameplay. Let's hope not though but yeah it's not on my radar yet but then Im just waiting on BotW so I probably don't count.

That's plenty of gameplay out there for you to see, the thing is sick.
Either it'll fail on the story/how it develops or this thing is really going to be one of the best games ever.
Gameplay is a no concern, really.

Yeah I'd say it's mostly the plot development, gameplay variety, overall game length and re-playability that could bring it down.

It has a decent writer working on the script, but they're definitely setting up for some big twist and that could either be impressive, or fall completely flat and actually annoy gamers. 

I'd say a lot of people are cautiously optimistic about this title. There's no evident red flags from any of the gameplay we've seen, it's just the unknown variables that we'll have to wait and see.