By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon: Zero Dawn - Plenty of behind-the-scenes praise

outlawauron said:
Psh, won't even be GOTY.

well obviously, since RDR2 is releasing this year. 

Around the Network

Don't think it will be that great TBH. Mediocre studio making it. They often over hype and under deliver. Also willing to bet does all the AAA tropes of open world western games. I doubt even in 5 years will be remembered.

Also PS4 best first party is Gravity Rush 2 :P

RolStoppable said:
I assume that Sony pays for mock reviews.

Difference is that mock reviews are meant to be extremly honest and critical, and their credibility is more particularly because they are private.

Having said that, Horozon has to be really something to claim that title.... and I will put no stock in this post. I like shinobi and all, but he ven said positive things about the order..... so its kinda hard to take what he says as gospel.

I mean it could, in Horizon I see this opportunity to make something different and then move forward, IF they get the story right AND make it autoconclusive AND nail the gameplay it could turn out to be a masterpiece

I want to point out that nowhere in the source does it say "ever".

That being said, this is certainly promising news.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

I keep forgetting about this game, i need to put a preorder down.

It is better, in Sony's opinion, than anything else their first  party is doing. But what is that actually saying? Gran Turismo is a known quantity, so as good as it is, isn't exactly exciting. Stuff like TLoU2 and Death Stranding are at early stages, God of War is some distance from completion, so they might not be comparing it to that either.

So it is more exciting than GT, MLB, maybe Dreams? Not saying much, though I still think it looks very promising.

I can legitimately see this being a breakout hit. All the signs are there, and the fact that they hired people from Bethesda/CDPR is great.

No. It will not sell or score as high as The last of us

It absolutely has the potential, and I sure hope it is. I've never been more excited to play a game, the world seems amazing, and I hope it's fun to explore and has a lot of secrets.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"