By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Achievements and Trophies you gave up on...

Ka-pi96 said:

It had worse than that! There was a trophy for holding every item in the game. Miss/sell one item that you needed and you'd be screwed out of the trophy

Really? That's silly. But then the game had some weird stuff, I mean I gave up buying new weapons when I realised once you upgraded a weapon it was always better that anything new you go. So I only ever upgraded weapons instead.

Yet, I remember reading the FFXHD trophies, I mean I've played the game but some of the trophies were a joke and extremely grindy, too much so. Makes me fear for FFXII HD, I can garrentee that one of them will be to defeat Yiazmat. I mean fair enough but that's one battle for 2-4 hours right there.

Kerotan said:
Resistance 2 wanted me to get 10,000 kills online. Back when Cod4 and Mw2 were in their prime. Fuck that!

I ended up getting like 2,000. If it was 5,000 i might have grinded it but asking for 10,000 is a joke.

Online ones are always odd, especially in these times when you pay to play online. Don't want to pay extra? Well tough luck, you can't get the achievements/trophies.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
think-man said:
Rogerioandrade said:
I actually never worried or cared about any achievement. I´m not a competitive player at all.

That's really not the point of the thread. 

Ok... let me put it differently.... I always give up all achievements and trophies.

Ka-pi96 said:

I don't think that one was so bad when I did it. Although to be fair I really enjoyed Lost Odyssey so didn't mind a bit of grind. FF13 however... yeah, it already took me 60 hours to beat the final boss, not going to continue past that!

I recently replayed FF XIII and I've come to the conclussion that we sucked back in the day. I beat the game in 32 hours with plenty of Crystal Points to spare and defeating Orphan second try without having everything maximized. Back in the day it took me a lot, too. Kinda made me wanna go for 100% yet a second time, then I remembered that crazy % drop for Trapezoedrons and said "fuck this".

Anything multiplayer. I just can't be bothered to play with other people.

"Complete Gwent Deck" in The Witcher 3. Gave up on a plat the moment I saw it, which was about 80 hours in.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network
Wright said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I don't think that one was so bad when I did it. Although to be fair I really enjoyed Lost Odyssey so didn't mind a bit of grind. FF13 however... yeah, it already took me 60 hours to beat the final boss, not going to continue past that!

I recently replayed FF XIII and I've come to the conclussion that we sucked back in the day. I beat the game in 32 hours with plenty of Crystal Points to spare and defeating Orphan second try without having everything maximized. Back in the day it took me a lot, too. Kinda made me wanna go for 100% yet a second time, then I remembered that crazy % drop for Trapezoedrons and said "fuck this".

I don't remember having a hard time with that boss either.
I had to grind A LOT for the boss in FFXIII-2 though. He was a real pain.

If they came to hear me beg - Halo Reach

Awful.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Jpcc86 said:

Furi:

She's an 11 - Defeat the burst. Gave up on that and by consequence, the trophies that follow that one.  I've decided that it is impossible to defeat the burst, and therefore anyone who has this or the subsequential trophies cheated in this game. 

FFVII (PS4):

Best Bromance: Go on a date with Barret in the Gold Saucer. I didnt know this trophy existed and therefore didnt do the proper steps for this scenario to unlock and its the only one im missing from the game to get the platinum. Im too lazy to start over just for that. 

Witcher 3: 

Everything gwent related... Cause I hate gwent, it bores me to death. 

For bromance trophy put x3 speed,  and no encounters on and you can speed up to that scene in a few hours. 

I gave up on the final trophy I needed in Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. Getting a gold medal in all combat challenges. I got to Paderborn Bridge, the 6th of 10 challenges, and bailed after failing 3 times. The way the challenge is set up made it unenjoyable to replay. A large amount of rank and file enemies which take a while to defeat, then the final bit: A rush of powerful enemies that can squash you. Then another killer enemy. Didn't like having to go through so much just to get to the hard part, then fail.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Barozi said:
Wright said:

I don't remember having a hard time with that boss either.

I know I didn't like or understand a lot of that game but it wasn't until the final boss when I cottened on that the debuff paradigms did damage and could cause the Stagger thing. Shows how into the game I was.

Hmm, pie.