By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Achievements and Trophies you gave up on...

Just recently Sniper Elite 3.

I've played through the game on Authentic and in co-op, got the trophies for both, got all the collectibles, got all the multiplayer trophies. All I have left is four of the easy story mode optional trophies. I just couldn't be bothered.

Around the Network

The Drift Lap achievement in Forza Motorsports 3 where you have to earn over 100,000 drift points in a single lap. I know its not that hard since its pretty easy to find a decent drift tune and you can use the rewind feature to do it but I suck at drifting and it took me forever to Drifter achievement in that game where you have to earn over 1,000 drift points in a single drift. It also sucks that nobody ever bought anything from my storefront in that game. But Forza Motorsports 4 still has the best overall car roster out of all the Forza game so I'm cool with it being the only Forza game where I unlocked all the achievements for it.

The Fury said:
Jpcc86 said:

Its precisely the bullet hell phase I couldnt ever pass. I played her many times, basically memorized and got all the previous phases completely mastered and easily done but the final phase is. just. so. damn. hard. I dont know what kind of sorcery you did to get it done,  but im willing to sacrifice a goat and offer its blood to the great old one Cthulhu to be able to do it. 

I did it in the end, it took time, then I think I've done it twice in the free play mode, eitherway, she's my least played boss, I think I've even attempted the final one more.

Cloudman said:
The Last of Us and FF13. I tried playing the single player campaign again to get some achievements, but I lost interest quickly. So I just gave up. And for FF13, well... I just can't play it again.

FF13 had some odd ones, weren't they like level every character to max? Seems a bit too grindy.

Not as grindy as getting all the immortals in Lost Odyssey all their skills for that one you need all the mortals in the game to get all their skill and you need to find all the accessories in the game.

pbroy said:
I gave up on Nintendo having Achievements.. 😐

Seriously though, this one:

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/ducktales-remastered/achievement/80133-Look-Ma--No-Spats-.html

I gave up on that one also the video guide for it makes is seem a lot easier then it actually is.

The Fury said:
Cloudman said:
The Last of Us and FF13. I tried playing the single player campaign again to get some achievements, but I lost interest quickly. So I just gave up. And for FF13, well... I just can't play it again.

FF13 had some odd ones, weren't they like level every character to max? Seems a bit too grindy.

I'm not sure. FF13 was so unenjoyable to me I returned the game to my friend right after I beat it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Watch Dogs 100% i never found the last song sneak. 99.9%

Black Flag 100% I never found the white whale. 99.9%

DeusXmachina said:
The Shadows Rushed Me achievement from Max Payne 3.
Finish the game without dying, no checkpoints and you have time constraints.

I tried a lot of times but It was very time consuming and there were some things that really annoyed me (glitches, big unskippable custscenes).

Honestly, the fact that you had to eat the cutscenes in that mode really killed it for me too. It would have been miles better if it put you straight into the action sequences, but nope.

RenCutypoison said:

Mugen Souls (gave up at about 230 hours) and Disgaea 5 (I'll come back to Disgaea 5 sometime, I have only about 50 hours of grinding left)
I don't usually aim for the platinum, I don't have time for these.

Disgaea 5 plat is easy :), one of my only 2 plats.

OT: Recently gave up on SW4 spamming of relationship building and playing every single character possible in each battle possible. Didn't want to keep track of each character I played when I started and still don't.

Resistance 2 wanted me to get 10,000 kills online. Back when Cod4 and Mw2 were in their prime. Fuck that!

I ended up getting like 2,000. If it was 5,000 i might have grinded it but asking for 10,000 is a joke.

Chris Hu said:
pbroy said:
I gave up on Nintendo having Achievements.. 😐

Seriously though, this one:

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/ducktales-remastered/achievement/80133-Look-Ma--No-Spats-.html

I gave up on that one also the video guide for it makes is seem a lot easier then it actually is.

I don't remember having any troubles with it, so I think it was mildly challenging at most. I certainly wasn't that good at the game.