By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Achievements and Trophies you gave up on...

BraLoD said:
OdinHades said:
Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic (GTA4)

I did everything that was asked to get the trophy. Which was a whole fucking lot. But the buggy sucker didn't unlock. So I said fuck that. =P

I had only a trophy bug for me (that I know of), and it was also on a Rockstar game, Red Dead Redemption.
I did the same thing, said fuck it, and after beating the game I didn't bother to get any other trophy.

The thing is, a friend of mine got the game last year, and was playing it, and wanted to play with me, so I went back on it, and while waiting for us to meet there I decided to try that trophy that bugged again... and it worked, I got it.
Then we played it a lot and I went hunting the trophies and now I have the platinum XD

So maybe if it's still possible to try, you should give this one a try again someday.

Nah, you have to win in every possible online match, which includes deathmatches, races with cars and planes and all that. You can't check your progress on that in any way, you have to do it by yourself, which I did. However, even if I did find the motivation to try that trophy again, I doubt I'll even find enough players on GTA 4 on PS3. xP

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

Mad max.

One of the last trophies glitched. I said to hell with this and never bothered finishing the rest.

Personally I don't like going for trophies that are grind based in open world games unless they are games I absolutely love because they are usually such a huge investment in time.

I would personally much rather prefer a "skill based" trophy vs just a ridiculous amount of time doing pointless "fetch quests" trophies, but that's just me.

-VIDEOGAME NINJA APPROVED-

The Fury said:
think-man said:

That's really not the point of the thread. 

Well, in essence he gave up on all of them.

xD gave up on all trophies! 

Unless I'm actually enjoying the game, I've basically given up on them.

However, I have been achievment hunting more since X1 added the rare achievments system. Sometimes they can be easy and enjoyable to get.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I gave up on Nintendo having Achievements.. 😐

Seriously though, this one:

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/ducktales-remastered/achievement/80133-Look-Ma--No-Spats-.html

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

Mugen Souls (gave up at about 230 hours) and Disgaea 5 (I'll come back to Disgaea 5 sometime, I have only about 50 hours of grinding left)
I don't usually aim for the platinum, I don't have time for these.

There are too many to list.

None yet although I was close on giving up on Passing Time in Minecraft because the trophy was glitched and in order to fix it I had to delete my save files and leave my console idle for 33 hours.

Most online trophies, and any that add 20+ hours of grinding.

The last one I tried going for and failed to the point of quitting was the drinking game in Watch_Dogs. Heard they patched the difficulty out of it since, but I don't care to go back.

I was one trophy away from getting the platinum on the original LittleBigPlanet on PS3. I aced all the levels, got all the prize bubbles, etc.

The last trophy I needed was the one where you had to be hearted as a creator a certain amount of times. I made plenty of levels on LBP1 and put a lot of effort into them but in the end I wasn't able to get enough hearts as a creator anyway so eventually I just said "fuck it guess i'm not getting it" and stopped trying to go for it since at that point I had already made like 7-8 levels on the original LBP1 and still couldn't get enough hearts. (Granted they weren't the best but I put a lot of effort into them, lol).

Still fucking sucks, I feel like I deserve that platinum for all the time and effort I put into that game when the last trophy was one I couldn't even control on whether I got, lol.