By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Achievements and Trophies you gave up on...

Wright said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I don't think that one was so bad when I did it. Although to be fair I really enjoyed Lost Odyssey so didn't mind a bit of grind. FF13 however... yeah, it already took me 60 hours to beat the final boss, not going to continue past that!

I recently replayed FF XIII and I've come to the conclussion that we sucked back in the day. I beat the game in 32 hours with plenty of Crystal Points to spare and defeating Orphan second try without having everything maximized. Back in the day it took me a lot, too. Kinda made me wanna go for 100% yet a second time, then I remembered that crazy % drop for Trapezoedrons and said "fuck this".

Did you ever fight Vercingetorix? Much harder than Orphan. I had attempts to beat it last close to 30 minutes. A virtual stalemate until it would eventually wear me out. I finally got it done, but it took somebody elses poison-based attack strategy to do it.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Barozi said:

I don't remember having a hard time with that boss either.

I know I didn't like or understand a lot of that game but it wasn't until the final boss when I cottened on that the debuff paradigms did damage and could cause the Stagger thing. Shows how into the game I was.

Not only they caused a crazy stagger rate like you were a Ravager, it also locked the stagger bar like you were hitting as a Commando. Poison/lower defense Orphan with Vanille, haste and raise attack to everyone with Sazh and hit him hard with a 1000 physical attack Snow (which isn't harder to get once you're there) and the combat basically lasts three to five minutes.

COKTOE said:
Wright said:

I recently replayed FF XIII and I've come to the conclussion that we sucked back in the day. I beat the game in 32 hours with plenty of Crystal Points to spare and defeating Orphan second try without having everything maximized. Back in the day it took me a lot, too. Kinda made me wanna go for 100% yet a second time, then I remembered that crazy % drop for Trapezoedrons and said "fuck this".

Did you ever fight Vercingetorix? Much harder than Orphan. I had attempts to beat it last close to 30 minutes. A virtual stalemate until it would eventually wear me out. I finally got it done, but it took somebody elses poison-based attack strategy to do it.

I beat Vercingetorix back in the day, not this second time around playing. I don't remember trouble with him at all. Must have took me five or six attempts. I do remember doing a bit of Summon AI exploit and Sazh's Desperado attack locking the Stagger bar a few more seconds so that Fang/Snow could obliterate it with multiple strong final blows (they automatically do this when the Stagger bar is next to none).

Wright said:
COKTOE said:

I beat Vercingetorix back in the day, not this second time around playing. I don't remember trouble with him at all. Must have took me five or six attempts. I do remember doing a bit of Summon AI exploit and Sazh's Desperado attack locking the Stagger bar a few more seconds so that Fang/Snow could obliterate it with multiple strong final blows (they automatically do this when the Stagger bar is next to none).

Interesting. That creature was def the hardest thing about the game for me. That and the post game grind. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Barozi said:
Chris Hu said:

I gave up on that one also the video guide for it makes is seem a lot easier then it actually is.

I don't remember having any troubles with it, so I think it was mildly challenging at most. I certainly wasn't that good at the game.

Well I kinda suck at 2D platformers the hardest one I beat is probably Mega Man X.

Around the Network

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Clear 320 missions/combos.

It's my last trophy to platinum but I just gave up, too much grinding trying to do that many mission/combos. I tried doing all the easiest ones and such but im like 70% of getting the 320 missions done.

Street Fighter 4 - Same thing, the last few trophies were mission/combo related and just didn't want to bother doing all that grind that requires so much precision.

As a general rule I don't care about trophies but have tried to get one or 2. I have a few games am so close to getting a Platinum. Assassin's Creed II,FFXV,Grim Fandango but every time I go back and try..my heart is just not in it and I quit. (These are games I have beaten)