By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 7 Biohazard Metacritic Thread - (86 meta with 43 reviews!)

86/100 is great! Very happy to see this game doing well!

Around the Network

I'm surprised it's so high. The demo was fine and most footage looks OK, but the whole premise feels like a cheap cash in on a genre that's doing so well right now.

I definitely don't appreciate how awful the voice acting is for the weird family and apparently there aren't even that many VHS segments in the full game, which was the highlight for the demo imo.

BraLoD said:
WagnerPaiva said:
After Ghostbusters-Answer the Call (which Meta said it was a good movie) I do not trust Metacritic anymore. I rather have 3 or 4 people I trust and watch their review/impressions.

The demo was great.

There you go.

BTW, you trust me from now on.

I always have trusted you.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Good score.

Got the game today(Mexico release it today in some stores) and "Oh boy oh boy" this game is awesome I haven't dislike any RE game, but my least favorite is RE6 Campaing(Mercenaries is good tho), the game feels like RE remake and revelations. Capcom you did a good job! everyone should get it and don't be fooled by is a Silent Hills Playable Teaser clone or Outlast, is a true RE game.

Around the Network
David_Hernandeez said:
Got the game today(Mexico release it today in some stores) and "Oh boy oh boy" this game is awesome I haven't dislike any RE game, but my least favorite is RE6 Campaing(Mercenaries is good tho), the game feels like RE remake and revelations. Capcom you did a good job! everyone should get it and don't be fooled by is a Silent Hills Playable Teaser clone or Outlast, is a true RE game.

How can it be a true RE if it's in first person? Your impressions immediatly lose value to me... and if it feels like revelations howcome it needs to be in first person? RE was one of my favorite series. I even enjoyed RE6, but this is far from RE to me. I'd rather it was another RE6 explosion fest than this cliché indie horror game. Meh... to each his own.

Nem said:
David_Hernandeez said:

How can it be a true RE if it's in first person? Your impressions immediatly lose value to me... and if it feels like revelations howcome it needs to be in first person? RE was one of my favorite series. I even enjoyed RE6, but this is far from RE to me. I'd rather it was another RE6 explosion fest than this cliché indie horror game. Meh... to each his own.

You should give it a try, I didn't like the reveal trailer I was like mmm meh what is this thing? The demo didn't do any favors too but I have always give a try to RE is also one of my favorite series, damn any fan should know that the first RE was going to be in first person so they finally did it, I mean we have a big change in RE4 to RE6. Really the trailers don't do justice to the game I got hype after reading some minor spoilers, the change in perspective doesn't make it less RE when you still have the lore and elements of RE(it does have more RE elements that 5,6,revelations). Give it a try!
I'm 4 hours in the game.

Nem said:
David_Hernandeez said:

Reviews say it's a return to form for the series. Why don't you try the game before trashing it and jumping to those conclusions?

This score was all I needed to see. Preordered it today the moment I saw the metacritic. Hyped!!!!

Hynad said:
Nem said:

Reviews say it's a return to form for the series. Why don't you try the game before trashing it and jumping to those conclusions?

You are entitled to your opinion and i am to mine.

I don't like that style of horror game (psychological horror) and i don't like FPS. I didnt like any of the indie games that have this kind of gameplay either. So... i am 99% sure i won't enjoy this. And i'm throwing the 1% in there just for good measure.