By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 7 Biohazard Metacritic Thread - (86 meta with 43 reviews!)

perfect fit for vr

Around the Network

I just played it for 3 and a half hours, it's great in VR. Those virtual arms get a little in the way sometimes, but overall, especially as a first attempt, amazing. I'm playing on normal difficulty and turned the reticule off. That makes aiming a lot more challenging, no cheap headshots lining up the dot. I'm also playing with normal walking speed and fast rotation.

The graphics take a little hit in VR I assume, and at the start outside it doesn't look as well as Robinson: The Journey on the pro. (Dunno if Res 7 has any pro enhancements?) Inside environments mostly look fine, bar the occasional low res texture or late pop in. Frame rate is rock solid.

It's the freedom to look around, lean in etc and the wider fov that makes it far superior to anything on a screen. It's not perfect yet in VR with sometimes akward transitions to pre-recorded animations and the occasional 2D cut scene (luckily very brief so far), but the immersion level is extreme. Watching the shadows move as you move your head from side to side, peeking through bars on a window or door, is also something you only get in VR.

Here's a little 3 minute snippet from one of the early fights

It gets worse, way worse :)