By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who would leave first?

Which of the big three would leave console gaming first?

Nintendo 77 21.57%

Microsoft 252 70.59%

Sony 28 7.84%

Total:357

Nintendo

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
JRPGfan said:

I doubt playstation is going anywhere.... even if sony went belly up someone would buy the playstation brand, and continue it.

If Nintendo's switch is a huge flop.... I could see them going mobile / 3rd party.

Microsoft seem to want to just have a windows box... eg. just a traditional pc, with windows be the "xbox" of the future. In that sense I could see microsoft leaveing it.

Its between MS or Nintendo imo.

They're already making mobile games though.

Yeah but... I mean as their main thing,  ei. no self made hardware.

microsoft without a doubt, they almost already seem like theyre slowly making an exit to me. Microsofts market is PC and windows and they know this, thats why their making all Xbox exclusives available on PC. you basically dont need to own a Xbox anymore.

however if switch ends up failing like the Wii Uhas then it wouldn't suprise me if Nintendo go Third party, it would make sence as a business decision. I cant see Sony budging anywhere. over the lifetime of their 4 consoles they've basically dominated sales.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Sony. I think they're setting up PSNow to become PS5.

AnmolRed said:
if the scorpio fails, i can see microsoft making the next xbox , basically a steam machine, or abandoning it all together, as for Nintendo , If the switch fails they might have another go with a 3ds successor.

I wouldn't be surprised if scorpio is the first of those "steam machine-eque" machines. I fully suspect Microsoft to release an "Xbox certified" PC every few years that essentially provide a lower cost solution over gaming pcs for consumers, and an easier optimization platform for developers.

Around the Network

In all reality, Microsoft. But only because they really don't need to be here. Recent consoles are just crappy PCs anyways, I think that's why Microsoft has been pushing gaming on Windows 10 so much.

Nintendo, it sounds easy to say Nintendo, but those guys are stubborn as hell. They'd rather lose every cent in their pocket before they leave the console market. The day Nintendo leaves, would be a sad day indeed for gaming. But as long as Nintendo makes comfortable operating profit on their consoles and software, they'll be around for a long time.

Also seeing that Nintendo is expanding beyond gaming, they intend to be around for some time. Their IP is highly desired and only on Nintendo consoles at the time. They'll survive.

I know the knee-jerk reaction is Nintendo, but I think they'd be the last to leave. They don't have any other product lines to support them, and they're stubborn to a fault.

Microsoft (unfortunately) seems to have a foot out of the console business already. They seem to be in the process of translating Xbox from a physical product to a virtual service.

Sony, for all its profits and mind share, might also decide that a streaming cloud-based service is the future.

Anyway, I hope the real answer is none of the above.

I couldn't tell you. All of them seem to hang in there out of pride anyway. I would say if MS found their Live income drying up, I'd think they'd change the plan from consoles first considering the current moves they've been making.

MS is building a brand that doesn't need a console, now that they have a foothold in living rooms.

Nintendo doesn't seem to care what anyone says and will make consoles until it bankrupts them.

Sony prints money with Playstation, so they just have to worry about the Federal Reserve...

MS because of their games

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS