By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who would leave first?

Which of the big three would leave console gaming first?

Nintendo 77 21.57%

Microsoft 252 70.59%

Sony 28 7.84%

Total:357

No one is going to leave in the forseeable future. But the "most chances" to leave are microsoft's

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

I don't see any of them leaving the console market, but I do see Nintendo going 3rd party. After the Switch reveal, I just don't see them ever being able to sell more than 30 million units of any future device. They won't have the userbase to justify any 3rd party support, so they will loose any extra cash flow that being a manufacture brings. At the end of the day, Nintendo as a 3rd party is the biggest publisher in the industry. Nintendo as a manufacturer and making games for a microscopic userbase, is just a maasive waste of potential.

Sony and Micorosft are not going anywhere. PlayStation is Sony, the whole company rides on PlayStations success. It is the only brand/product/platform that can bring them to the front of consumer electronics. Sony TV's, Camera's, Phone, and Tablets, all depend on them making Playstation strong. Microsft will always have a TV box for games. The line between that box and a PC will get more and more blurry as time goes forward. I would not be surprised if Xbox gets rebranded as Surface Home or something in the future.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

As long as Microsoft is moving consoles, games, and charging for online, I'm pretty sure they'll be sticking around.

Maybe Nintendo? I'd love their games on PC.

Definitely Microsoft, i get the feeling this will be their last gen.

CaptainExplosion said:
think-man said:
Definitely Microsoft, i get the feeling this will be their last gen.

The problem with Microsoft leaving is where would all their IPs go?

PC,  they already basically all are lol. 

Around the Network

Why is this such a huge topic of discussion?

CaptainExplosion said:
spemanig said:
Why is this such a huge topic of discussion?

Because of people who think the Switch might be the last Nintendo console.

So it's like this existed for before the switch did.

None.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Microsoft, almost all of the exclusives they haven't cancelled yet are coming to PC, they're trying to convert all Windows devices with the same adaptive shell design and universal app platform, including XBOX. The Scorpio will probably use AMD's new cards and that will be cheap enough by the time of it's release that they can sell it for a "reasonable" price, but it's basically going to be a more expensive pre-built PC without the modularity, x86 software and paid online. It isn't really selling well either, so Scorpio will probably be the last XBOX.

People talk about Nintendo being next in line, but I'd heavily disagree, they have an ocean of money reserved, and they aren't lacking ideas, games nor buyers. They will go third party if they fail in every aspect and loose their entire fanbase in a 100 years. If anything Nintendo will be the last man standing in the world of consoles.

CaptainExplosion said:
spemanig said:

So it's like this existed for before the switch did.

What do you mean?

I mean that this isn't an original or timely topic. I've seen dozens of threads asking literally the exact same question since I started posting here. So I'm wondering why it's such a popular question to ask.