By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is trying to rip us off with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.... and I'm not falling for it!

Do you agree with me?

Yes 31 30.69%

No 64 63.37%

I don't know 6 5.94%

Total:101

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people who never bought Mario Kart 8 who really wanted to, this is for those who didn't have the chance to get it before. Plus new characters, new vehicles, new items, entirely new battle mode, free included DLC and most important of all its a portable Mario kart with console graphics that are a big improvement over Mario Kart 7 on the 3DS so will I buy it again? ...Yes!

Around the Network
bonzobanana said:
I thought your post was going to be about the fact its the same game as wii u with a minor update here and there and they are charging a lot of money for it but instead its about the DLC. They never take more of your money you always have the choice and we don't know that they aren't supporting the wii u with extra tracks later. It's possible they could be released for wii u. It pretty much looks like the format is the same between 2 versions so it may be easy to release for both formats.

I'm quite happy to be honest Nintendo haven't really bothered much with Switch mario kart as its another reason for me to resist buying a Switch. I'm happy playing wii u and wii mario karts on my wii u.

I'm certainly glad nintendo is porting Wii U games to make sure Wii U owners don't feel like nintendo quickly switched games to the new console.

I own MK8, but I definitely do see the value in the Deluxe version. Most people don't own a Wii U, and many people would love to play Mario Kart in HD on the go. 

Definitely different perspectives on this, but I'm mainly seeing Wii U owners wanting to wait a bit more for the Switch. I understand your take on it, but I'm not sure if I'll get it within the first few months or wait a bit.

If you want to buy the game and its DLC together for the price of the game alone, just wait for the DLC to be released and buy the game during a sale. I got Mario Kart 8 for $45 after the DLC was finished. Got the whole package for under $60 that way.

Come fall, Nintendo will be trying to convince Switch owners that playing their games online is worth paying an extra fee. They can't make that argument if you can't even play Mario Kart on the dang thing.

For someone who has Ninten in their name you sure do make a lot of negative Nintendo topics and over things that are not a big deal. It's a good thing in Wii U's case same reason Dreamcast ports were welcome. Many more people to potentially enjoy what Wii U had.

A few days ago I wrote in another one of those clever threads of yours:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8250106

Let me elaborate: You won't buy a Switch, you won't buy MK 8 Deluxe, it's all good, evil Nintendo corporation won't hurt your wallet.

Around the Network

They are not trying to sell this to you, they are trying to sell this to the many millions who didn't buy a Wii U. You know, the millions who bought a 3DS and not the Wii U, for example.

They are also revamping the Battle mode, adding new characters, DLC and allowing for 2 items to be carried because it adds some novelty to a 3 year old port.

You do realise you're not the only single Human being on earth right? I mean your posts always seem SO narcissitic. If you already own MK8 then don't buy deluxe, its simple. It's aimed for new gamers to Switch or those that want MK8 portable

It's 3 years since MK8. I'm surprised they didn't do MK9 instead or if they need a 4 year development release MK9 next year.

Remakes are terrible, paid online is bs, DLC is garbage. Man, it must suck for everyone who kept going on these things in the past 7-8 years.

OT: Charging full price for a refurbished version of a 3 year old game is kinda out there. But I'm sure a lot of people will buy it, just like a lot of folks bought GTA V, The Last of Us and countless other remakes. As long as we as consumers keep buying so many copies of remakes, we deserve to get them.

MK8 + DLC packs is more than getting the Switch version, so no, not really

It comes proper Battle mode and it's mainly for those that skipped out on the Wii U but want to play Mario Kart

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]