By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is trying to rip us off with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.... and I'm not falling for it!

Do you agree with me?

Yes 31 30.69%

No 64 63.37%

I don't know 6 5.94%

Total:101

No, I don't see anymore DLC. They are working on Mario Kart 9 I'm sure and thus should use all future tracks they making for that.

I assumed this was going to be about the price. Then was going to bring up various other "HD Remasters" and say what did they cost, such as Last of Us.

Around the Network

It has a new battle mode and many characters I've missed from previous MK games. Doesn't seem like a ripoff to me!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

It's not a good deal for double dippers.

Didn't Bethesda sell Skyrim Remastered (with just updated graphics) for full price on PS4/XBONE despite being a 5 year old game?

At least Mario Kart 8 Deluxe comes with all the DLC, new characters, new items, new battle modes and new battle tracks. Plus a boost to 1080p and added portability. Since Nintendo games almost never drop in price I think this is a very good deal.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

If Nintendo target people who skipped the WiiU and don't expect us WiiU owners to buy it anyway, why don't they just offer owners of the WiiU version a discount, so we will buy it, too? Isn't it because they are actually thinking "Suck it, you're gonna buy it anyway, you know it and we know it"?

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Remakes are terrible, paid online is bs, DLC is garbage. Man, it must suck for everyone who kept going on these things in the past 7-8 years.

OT: Charging full price for a refurbished version of a 3 year old game is kinda out there. But I'm sure a lot of people will buy it, just like a lot of folks bought GTA V, The Last of Us and countless other remakes. As long as we as consumers keep buying so many copies of remakes, we deserve to get them.

Not that i disagree with you in the basic concept, but shouldn't we take in consideration Wii U's failure? I mean, while the game actually sold a decent amount (7.19M) it is still under the most iterations in recent Nintendo consoles (35M on Wii, 23M on DS and 9M on 3DS). There could be any number of players that wanted it but didn't got the Wii U. Would be better, for those potential buyers, to wait for MK9?

Also, i am not sure about the content offered, but if they adding MK8 ($60) + DLC#1 ($8)+ DLC#2 ($8) + Battle Mode & Extra characters (let's add $8 here, as an example), then we have an $84 original price being sold for $60, with improved specs. Doesn't sound like the worst deal ever. Not amazing, but OK.

Truth be told, i do think they should remake/port many other Wii U games for the switch. The price of course should be discounted at some level.

I haven't bought Mario Kart since the Gamecube. I'm fine.

That said, I don't have a problem with spending a whole lot of money for great games. I bought GTA 5 three times (PS3, PS4, PC) with no additional content whatsoever and I don't regret that one bit. When a game can entertain me for years and doesn't get boring after three weeks like so many modern titles, well, them shut up and take my money!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

SpokenTruth said:
BillyBlaze said:

If Nintendo target people who skipped the WiiU and don't expect us WiiU owners to buy it anyway, why don't they just offer owners of the WiiU version a discount, so we will buy it, too?

And how do we know they aren't goign to do exactly that?

They haven't announced the details of their Wii U to Switch programs or much of the new loyalty programs yet.   Why are we just assuming the worst of everything?

True, it's just an assumption that it's not going to happen. But it's an assumption based on experience, knowing Nintendo's pricing policy and their notion of "great offers" (15% discounts on digital games at most).

I will be very happy to be pleasantly surprised eventually.

As someone who always preferred battle mode to racing, I'll get the game if they bring back the old school style balloon battle. Elimination with no timer. Hope we can toggle the options this time around.

Does that mean you and your "playstation friend" are together now?

Hunting Season is done...