By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is trying to rip us off with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.... and I'm not falling for it!

Do you agree with me?

Yes 31 30.69%

No 64 63.37%

I don't know 6 5.94%

Total:101

My last thread: Sooo here we go again. Me and My Playstation friend got into another arguement.   

I know EXACTLY what Nintendo is doing with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Look, we all know every company needs to make a profit. But the way they're doing it is not fair for us gamers.

They are porting Wii U's best selling game to the Switch, and it looks gorgeous! Beautiful 1080p 60fps, a battle mode and bringing Splatoon inklings to the game. A game that was already great, they're making it great again!  Also several other small things like new carts and stuff like that. I was VERY interested in buying it... because why not? I been playing Mario Kart all my life and I've owned/played all Mario Kart games..... until its been confirmed that there's no new tracks. RIGHT AWAY I KNEW what they're trying to do.... and its making me not want Mario Kart 8 all that much anymore. 

On the Wii U they gave us 2 DLC packs and man they were awesome! But I truly believe they are making a DLC Pack #3.

This is what they're going to do: Sell us Mario Kart 8 "Deluxe" for the Switch AND THEN sell us DLC Pack #3.... which means, they're taking more of our money.  

What they should've did: Make more courses for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and sell it to us.... DLC Pack #3 shouldn't exist!

This is a six pack abs feelings... not jk, its a gut feeling and I'm SURE this is what they're doing. I CAN be wrong. In about 6 months from now, if there's an announcment about DLC Pack #3... don't say I didn't tell you so. What do you think? Agree with me?     

Around the Network

I thought your post was going to be about the fact its the same game as wii u with a minor update here and there and they are charging a lot of money for it but instead its about the DLC. They never take more of your money you always have the choice and we don't know that they aren't supporting the wii u with extra tracks later. It's possible they could be released for wii u. It pretty much looks like the format is the same between 2 versions so it may be easy to release for both formats.

I'm quite happy to be honest Nintendo haven't really bothered much with Switch mario kart as its another reason for me to resist buying a Switch. I'm happy playing wii u and wii mario karts on my wii u.

It has 48 tracks instead of the usual 32 and it has a battle mode, which makes it the Mario Kart with the most content ever. It's just a port, so they didn't even need to add anything. Maybe they will release DLC, but if you're not interested, just don't buy it.

I feel like you're hyping yourself up over nothing. That being said persona is the only game I need this April so I'll probably skip it

Then don't buy it. I probably won't if it's too similar to the WiiU version. I'll spend the money on other games.

Around the Network

If it is a great game it really does not matter. Also nobody is going to make you buy it

I'm confused. Did you get into an argument about Mario Kart 8 with your Playstation friend?

Since you're privy to Nintendo's future plans, can you tell me when the next Metroid is coming out?

It includes also includes a proper Battle Mode. I doubt there will be more DLC but if there is there's a whole audience ready to buy.

RolStoppable said:

You can ignore that part. It's a leftover portion from when he copy-pasted his template.

o i c