By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Same Old Nintendo - KindaFunnyGames

So far I've seen multiple pages of people who can only attack the messenger, but not the message. I believe that is the point he is trying to drive home. I don't think he cares what you think about him personally, its the point that even Nintendo's biggest fans have a hard time actually defending many of the points he, and many others, have levied against them.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
potato_hamster said:

Ohh right, because before the Vita was released, it was easy to gauge how difficult it was to port games to the Vita, and know how little Sony was actually going to support that platform. He was supposed to know how a lot of Sony's plans for the platform were going to fall through. Of course. What an idiot. The article is about the Vita's potential, and it had a lot before it was release. The potential was just wasted. What an asshole.

The article was posted in October 2011. At that point in time it was already known that the Vita wouldn't get Monster Hunter. Launch lineup was known. Price was known. The competition (Nintendo) was known.

At that point anyone who wasn't a complete Sony fanboy could tell that the Vita would not outsell the 3DS.

It's ridiculous that you even try to defend him as someone who is credible. Your first post started by saying that he is a Nintendo fan when the evidence we have points towards a PS fanboy. He's not just biased, he's incredibly biased. Hence why his Vita prediction was so off.

He's known to be a PS fanboy. But he always repeats how he loves Nintendo and used to be one of their fanboys back in the 1920s. It's as if he feels that by claiming that it should give his opinions more credibility.

potato_hamster said:
onionberry said:

The thing is that I'm not an experienced gaming journalist with more than a decade of experience who used to work at the biggest gaming editorial. So when you're biased as fuck and a journalist... that looks bad... and that's why now he's a youtuber and their channel is a joke compared to other youtubers. I like Greg tho.

He's a youtuber because Colin and Greg left their jobs at IGN to make the Kinda Funny channel, and they're actually more successful as a result.

And they left their job because they wanted to be free and share their pov. Like this video, being a journalist at ign he can't make a video like this. That's what I'm saying.

onionberry said:
Hynad said:

No. That's not the reaosn why he's a youtuber. He's a Youtuber because him and Greg are good friends and they wanted to do their own thing together.

I don't like Colin, but if you're going to talk shit about him, at least be factual.

No, I'm being very factual. He's a youtuber cause he said that he wanted to be free to talk about subjects and about how he feels, also he didn't want to wait for approval when he had an article or an opinion piece. Now he's a youtuber because that's what he wants, he doesn't want to be a journalist, he wants to share his pov, and that comes with all the rants and biased shit.

That's not what you said.

You said: "when you're biased as fuck and a journalist... that looks bad...and that's why now he's a youtuber and their channel is a joke compared to other youtubers."

Hynad said:
onionberry said:

No, I'm being very factual. He's a youtuber cause he said that he wanted to be free to talk about subjects and about how he feels, also he didn't want to wait for approval when he had an article or an opinion piece. Now he's a youtuber because that's what he wants, he doesn't want to be a journalist, he wants to share his pov, and that comes with all the rants and biased shit.

You said: "when you're biased as fuck and a journalist... that looks bad...and that's why now he's a youtuber and their channel is a joke compared to other youtubers."

"when you're biased as fuck and a journalist... that looks bad...(talking about the article of the vita) and that's why now he's a youtuber (yes, he's ayoutuber cause as a journalist he can't make these kind of rants, and that's what he wants) and their channel is a joke compared to other youtubers." (well, it's  joke, their podcast is not entertaining, and their information is not that accurate, they even have a Nintendo guy that looks out of place and sometimes doesn't know what he's talking about) 

Around the Network
BeatdownBrigade said:
So far I've seen multiple pages of people who can only attack the messenger, but not the message. I believe that is the point he is trying to drive home. I don't think he cares what you think about him personally, its the point that even Nintendo's biggest fans have a hard time actually defending many of the points he, and many others, have levied against them.

I remember the time with all those threads about the switch how awesome its going to be, how it will get every 3 party game ect. and now after the reveal there are gone, I start to miss them.

Nintendo will never change much. They do things their own way, they are not only just a Japanese company, but a Kyoto-based Japanese company, which means they are incredibly stubborn. Stop expecting them to change, they're not going to change.

They will make some adjustments, but they will never suddenly just become like this radically different company. Not going to happen.

You either accept Nintendo for what they are and enjoy it, but if you're sitting around waiting for Nintendo to dramatically change, that ain't happening.

And people always over exaggerate a few things of change each generation "GameCube uses discs! And is easy to program for! Nintendo has changed!" .... not really, there was still plenty of "oh, Nintendo" moments with the GameCube. And Wii. And Wii U. And there will be with Switch.

It's the Nintendo way. The fan community is never going to wake up and have this perfect Nintendo, it's like a spouse that keeps thinking one day their significant other is going to wake up and magically be the person they want them to be, when they're not. You need to either accept them for what they are or move on.

This goes for both "Nintendo die hards" and "Nintendo haters" ... to both of you, Nintendo is likely going to piss you off or baffle you this generation. At least multiple times. You either accept that and just move on and play the games or you get hung up on it. 

cosmic_drift said:
KLXVER said:

I think they already might be past it tbh. We should just hope we get as many great games as possible.

They already have passed it, for better or for worse.

The Switch pretty much represents Nintendo's final step away from the "traditional" console model.  Any hope that people had of Nintendo taking the Sony/Microsoft route (lots of power, multitude of third-party exclusives, etc.) have pretty much been dashed here.  That's why people are so frustrated with it; Nintendo is once again going against the grain, much to everyone's chagrin.  Also lets not act like gamers' changing tastes don't have something to do with it.  Some people simply outgrow Mario and Zelda and often feel "abandoned" because Nintendo didn't take a more "mature" route, and then act as if it's Nintendo fault.

I'm excited for the prospects of the Switch, and it will be a must-buy for me this holiday season.  But yeah, Nintendo has crossed the Rubicon here.  Anyone who expects Nintendo to follow the footsteps of their competitors should abandon all hope here.  Nintendo is forging their own path, and I'll be there to support them when they bring the goods.

Its not about the power for me. There has barely been any games for the WiiU in the past 18 months, so I expected Nintendo to come out swinging this time around. They just didnt. They could really only get 5 games for the launch and a port of Mario Kart 8 two months later? It just seems like they have given up a bit. Ill be getting the Switch, but Im just not as excited as I have been for previous Nintendo systems.

onionberry said:
Hynad said:

"when you're biased as fuck and a journalist... that looks bad...(talking about the article of the vita) and that's why now he's a youtuber (yes, he's ayoutuber cause as a journalist he can't make these kind of rants, and that's what he wants) and their channel is a joke compared to other youtubers." (well, it's  joke, their podcast is not entertaining, and their information is not that accurate, they even have a Nintendo guy that looks out of place and sometimes doesn't know what he's talking about) 

Tim is a fanboy with barely anything relevant to say. Probably because he's much younger than the other and intimidated by their experience... lol Colin thinks too highly of himself, is self-important, and a PS fanboy trying to believe he is objective.

Only Greg is fun and interesting. And I wish he'd make a show similar to his "up at noon" one from IGN. He could go solo if he wanted. But he sticks with weak links because they're his friends. But they're holding him back. 

In any case, your wording didn't make it clear that that's what you were going for.

RolStoppable said:
potato_hamster said:

Ohh right, because before the Vita was released, it was easy to gauge how difficult it was to port games to the Vita, and know how little Sony was actually going to support that platform. He was supposed to know how a lot of Sony's plans for the platform were going to fall through. Of course. What an idiot. The article is about the Vita's potential, and it had a lot before it was release. The potential was just wasted. What an asshole.

The article was posted in October 2011. At that point in time it was already known that the Vita wouldn't get Monster Hunter. Launch lineup was known. Price was known. The competition (Nintendo) was known.

At that point anyone who wasn't a complete Sony fanboy could tell that the Vita would not outsell the 3DS.

It's ridiculous that you even try to defend him as someone who is credible. Your first post started by saying that he is a Nintendo fan when the evidence we have points towards a PS fanboy. He's not just biased, he's incredibly biased. Hence why his Vita prediction was so off.

Has games journalism ever been that unbiased? He worked for IGN's Playstation division. The playstation-centric spin should be obvious. The same goes when you read from their Xbox or Nintendo divisions. They all have their own teams, they all write console centric articles. It's what IGN is known for, where fanboys go to be appeased in their echochambers.

But furthermore, should I go out then and find all those articles from Joystiq or Polygon from all of those other credible journalists that raved about how great the Wii U was going to do, and just ignore everything they say until the end of time? The fact remains that you're shredding him over one article he posted about the potential of the vita before it was released as if that means anything. Great. He bought into the Vita hype and got it very wrong once. It doesn't mean he's wrong about everything forever.